1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

infant Eczema!!help needed

Discussion in 'Infants' started by vidhukumar, Mar 27, 2007.

1. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Priya, just to let you know I am riding the same boat... I.NEED.MY.OILATUM.FIX.
    We started using un-scented vaseline and I see some reduction... the other thing that helped us is to wash DS's bed linen every third day and use a dust sheet under the bed linen. If you find an alternative to oilatum do let me also know. Thanks in advance.

2. Nitroshweta

Nitroshweta New IL'ite

Hi
    My son is 2.5 yrs old now, he too started getting rashes in his elbows & thighs and face when he was 5 months old, doc said it is mild eczema....all these steroid based creams work wonders but not for regular use. After a few weeks, it is back.

After some research on the net, i found out that Tulsi leaves with a few drops of lemon juice helps, I did the same and his condition has improved, the urge to itch stops immediately & regular application leads to cure. But you must apply the paste regularly without any breaks in between. Also cut your toddler's finger nails regularly & file them (at least every 3 days) nicely so that they are blunt and do not aid in scratching.

Also another product "Franch Oil NH Plus" seems to help my kid. It is highly viscous so stays on the skin & doesn't rub off when my kid rolls around everywhere in the house :)

Regards
    Shweta

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
  3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shwetha
    Welcome to IL...
    Thanks for adding your tip..

4. navgosal

navgosal New IL'ite

I'm not sure if you found any relief yet, but if I could offer a suggestion? my son has all the symptoms especially around nose, cheeks and forehead that flared up after he had dengue fever. I did not want to use any over the counter medicine so I researched. Now he washes his face with a diluted baking soda water daily followed with application of virgin coconut oil on the face after the wash.

Mom quits job and flourishing career to manage son’s severely worsening eczema, keeping him at home full time, attending multiple doctor appointments, getting blood work done on various diseases, cooking allergy friendly foods and changing our lifestyle to a hypoallergenic one — read, read, read, track, track, track, stress, stress, and more stress.

Finally I found enough time, had enough insight into the condition, and knowledge from reading research papers and studies to start sharing my experience. Now I am runing blog with name of (eczemaliving.com) This is blog an outcome of my experience in managing my son’s severe eczema, food allergies, asthma, along awesome allergy free-recipes, latest research and treatment plans that worked for us.

Eczema In Babies: Causes, Symptoms, Triggers & Treatments

Thanks,
    Nav

5. CopperLotus

CopperLotus New IL'ite

Oh my! That was such brilliant research!
    We recently had problems with this and somehow mistaken eczema with cradle cap.
    I found this link about baby eczema, here: Baby Eczema – All You Need to Know - EasyToBeMom.com
    And then I've fixed my mistakes. Hopefully, that won't ever happen again.