1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inevitable Grudge

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by VandhenaKrish, Sep 19, 2018.

1. VandhenaKrish

VandhenaKrish Silver IL'ite

Dear all ,
    Greetings .. In my posts I gavh mentioned a lot about me .. in short working woman married and hvng a 3 yr old son n one in tummy 60 days ... This post is regarding the stress and anxiety I have developed recently due to the relationship with my MIL who is single .. My husband was my class mate in college n obviously love marriage . He s extremely nice guy no issues in our relationship .. coming to mil , very straight forward, hurts many times and doesn't show care towards me even during pregnancy .. she s not bad definitely , but very detached n sometimes her reactions are so lethargic .. I cook three meals and feed kid maid s also there to sweep wash etc

Few months back may be due to menopause (48)her age is , she yelled at me for some petty thing n I was shivering inside to see someone yell at me for the first time not a mere yell but her bo was high I cud feel ...

I handled it cool but from then some sort of preoccupied anxiety has started following me .. I m really scared to go down to the kitchen when I wake up late in the mng .. ofcouof c I only anyway cook n she won't scold me but she shows her face that way to me my son n hubby .. sometimes when I say I feel like fainting due to pregnancy she jus keeps mum not even like how n lie down .. if any day I show my face to cook due to over tiredness she LL b that tempered to cook one meal .. So nowadays these recurring incidents made me feel very nervous to show my self infront of her n my anxiety has gone high .. I m a bold person who gives ppl on face but this thing bothers me a lot .. PL help .. I m stressed

2. tobblessed

tobblessed New IL'ite

Hi,

While reading your post i felt im reading something thats right now happening in my life, though my story is a little diffrent, as in ours wasn't a love marriage but an arranged one.

we are married for 7 years and kept delaying to plans to have a family until 5 years and when we started TTc its only last year that we discovered my husband had issues in his counts, after a lot of convincing we took up a decision to go in for IVF, my Mil was & is against we having a child, in the course of years when there was any pooja happening at home or temple & when the priest happens to bless that may u have a child soon she use to always say no no they dont want.

Today when my IVF treatment started, its a battle that Im to fight all alone with very little support of my DH as he cannot accompany me to the Hospital every now and then, she was forcing me that i go back to my parents house and get the treatment done there, but my husband didnt want me to leave him n wanted to be with me.

Even today when I had to undergo a Hystoscopy surgery she didn't utter a word to come along or anything, infact shouted that why am i taking rest post the procedure and why am i not in the kitchen.

There isn't a day when she doesn't show a bad face to me or taunts me and searches reasons to create an issue.

She has announced that she wud'nt do anything in all the 9 months of pregnancy nor post delivery, whatever it is i have to manage and if i keep any servant its my look out.

So I tak it in a way that to reduce our future suffering and Karma god is making us suffer in these ways, we might be getting saved from some big big issues by facing our mils on day to day basis.

Its our Fate, we cannot change what the MIL has in her mind, Ive never come across any MIl who would think that her DIL is good, infact almost all MILs think their DIl's are the worst wives to their sons.

rather you leave it on God and live the best way you can, He'll takecare of everything, she might shout,fight and create a drama but at last its all about You, Your DH and Your kids, so seeing them take a deep breathe and live on for this too shall pass

3. VandhenaKrish

@tobblessed first of all , a big thanks for your response .. coz I was wondering y I am not getting any replies.. so all the best for ur TTC ... Loads of love ..

I m proud to see u strong .. I m dealing with the chaos but mine s not direct ... My mom says in Tamil "verupa manasula vechukadha , nimadhiyave iruka mudyadhu" meabs if u hold grudges or hatred in heart u ll never be happy .. That's true .. I have to work on it to not to take Petty things to heart .. my pregnancy hormones are at it's best to pull me down .. let's see n gud luck to u both

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...if looking at her face and her reactions is causing you anxiety.....stop looking at her face.
    Just do your own thing and keep talks to minimum.

Get yourself a maid to do as much work as you can afford to pay for.
    You are pregnant and don't need the anxiety .It is money well spent.

Have low expectations and depend on your husband for care a love.

Have a happy pregnancy .:)

sindmani, shravs3 and SinghManisha like this.
  5. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

100% follow @yellowmango ’s advice. You cannot keep feeling anxious in your own home and such a beautiful phase of life . Good luck with the pregnancy !

yellowmango likes this.
  6. VandhenaKrish

True guys .. since she s single , sometimes I feel like am leaving her lonely .. my husband s not expressive so she s lonely .. I feel guilty for not addressing her feelings but if I do we get hell lot of wavelength difference n she hurts sometimes very badly ..

I sometimes think it's ok wat if she doesn't help at all , it's my family I should do all chores but at times I m turning very emotional .. For instance, This mng I dint want to eat breakfast due to the mng sickness n I was cooking for lunch . Time was around 10.00 she didn't mind to ask whether I had breakfast or not .. a small care I expect that too during pregnancy .. mm one thing s sure .. everything is within me , I cud do nothing apart from restructuring my attitude .. I'll have to try very hard .. tq ILs

yellowmango likes this.
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...you can't force people to care.
    Imagine your mil is not physically fit to help out and then plan.
    If she helps with something,it is a bonus.
    Get a maid and plan your life with the help of husband and maid. This hopefully keeps things cool for everyone concerned.

No point have expectations followed by disappointment . Keep your life fully under your control.

sindmani, Rakhii, shravs3 and 3 others like this.
  8. VandhenaKrish

@yellowmango yes very keen n practical .. thank u will think about maid

yellowmango likes this.
  9. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Sometimes I wonder.. being a woman.. and being gone through that phase.. y some MIL’s dont take interest in the pregnant DIL. We are giving their family name to the child..carrying forward their legacy..etc. but a simple “did you eat?” will not come out of their mouth.
    My MIl was more shocked than happy when we told about the pregnancy..didnt say anything.. we gave her sweets.. she had no expression.
    There were always free advices on pinpointing mistakes and nothing on the betterment of the situation..
    On the morning sickness... i cant even write a list of things she did.. its long. Just beacuse she had no morning sickness, she felt that no one will have it.. if it is there, then the baby has some issues and it is better to get rid.
    Sigh! Sorry OP!

In short I had anxiety attacks like you...thinking about her high pitch tone.. it reduced only after i started giving back. It saved my sanity and my self respect.

VandhenaKrish likes this.
  10. VandhenaKrish

@YoGirl Thank you for writing for me .. Hope I will be bold enough to either give it back or let it go .. tc