1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indusladies a distraction or an addiction

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by RamyaSridhar1978, Feb 9, 2012.

1. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

:coffee:coffeeI am one of those mom whose so called "me"time is only when my kids sleep. It's the time when I wish to keep aside my other priorities and may be check my mails or surf the net for new receipes with a toddler at home you bet this is the
    biggest challenge for every mother what new to prepare?... :spin:spin:ban
    My constant efforts to try scouting receipes leads to my attention being divided or rather diverted at other issues .with just about 2 hours at hand (that's the time my kids have their afternoon siesta). I rummage through indusladies.. Thinking today I am just going to roughly have a glimpse at the site. I have other sites to check... Focus ramya focus ..:bonk.:notthatway:
    Then suddenly I come across the thread fertility and trying to concieve ... My thoughts go out to those ladies who Are going through an emotional upheaval having passed that phase I think poor ladies I must empathize with them and may be throw my :my2cents.. Then suddenly I remember oh I posted in xyz thread let me see if I have got a reply... Also has anyone posted any pm for me...( I haven't opted for the email notification to avoid my inbox filling)
    In the toddler thread I see xyz has a query .. May be I can answer that having two toddlers I can surely assist someone...
    Then I come across some wonderful reply to a xyz thread I think wow let me check out the profile members profile .. Then digging deep in may be their post or thread in other columns...
    Then suddenly i come across A Beautiful blog .I end up reading that and the comments thereafter.I am about to post a comment my alarm rings to tell me it's time up.
    I wonder... :hide::oops:
    ... How my two hours got over I don't know but still not wanting to accept defeat I quickly decide to scan through the necessary site my attention falls on abc receipe... But then I am late I hear my daughters cry and off to square one!!... Then I think it's ok i will bookmark it and check it may be .tommorrow
    .. And my tommorrow never comes.!!!...:biggrin2::
    Disclaimer - this post is just in lighter vein I am sorry if I have offended the sentiments of any IL member by referring to it as an addiction or distraction.This post is just to pen my dilemma and may be evoke a smile reading it.

10 people like this.

2. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

ha ha ha...I so relate to what you say here. Only I don't have a daughter to tell me time's up. I have so many many many bookmarks that its like a 9-5 job reading through all the irresistible posts here on IL.
    Enjoyed reading your version of the addiction :D.
    Thanks for sharing. :)

3. priya20coool

priya20coool Bronze IL'ite

:) It all depends on how we concentrate... Its not jus INDUSLADIES, but all other community websites ver there are a lot of new talks going around and you dont know ver to start and ver to end... I tried this first.... Before even typing my login name and password on the website.... Juz go to a search portal... My mind says I have to look on how to make my kid eat good food???? So type the search verse with a '+' and INDUSLADIES.. As you know someone or the other would have an answer... Jus go in for the reply.. Read it... Then login with my details and say a BIG THANKS:thankyou2: ... And then continue to travel thru the ladies' world...
    This really helps... And its not a distraction or an addiction... Its all just INFORMATION, KNOWLEDGE, and EXPOSURE!!!!!!

I know it is pretty kiddish:wink:... but this has worked out for me from the beginning... When I was first searching for a clarification online, this site gave me the rite info.. And then I started to search for whatever I wanted with a '+indusladies' on the search bar... And now I am a member and I love the site for whatever people are contributing..

Last, but not the least... Thanks to you RAMYASRIDHAR.... I am now able to realize how this idea really works for 'at home moms'!!!!:thumbsup

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  4. uma16

uma16 Senior IL'ite

ramya,
    sometimes i get so lost here makes me feel its an addiction...not to say have benefitted a lot from reading the threads be it cooking cleaning or family issues... it also takes me off from my worries truly...so it is THIS and THAT...i just hope i get more organized without getting addicted....

5. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

oh i see one more family here. IL family :) i get so much latest information, dress, jewellery, TV, actors stuff, girls talk oh what not. its just that i keep opening it every now n then n keep checking whats new :) and flaunt in the office ohhh dint you see those genelia latest snaps. oh god they were soooooo :D i open IL only in office. anyways i work hard and complete tasks in hand on time have been in this field for long time. so dont feel burdened. feel IL makes me refreshed.love you IL.

6. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

ramya,i can relate so much to you here...there were so many bookmarks on my earlier laptop and my dh was insisting i remove those as he couldnt find his bookmarked sites..so now i have started sending the threads to my mail itself so that i can read later...but then when! I am not sure

7. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

lol Ramya..that was a very cute one and I would add pepper to it that your thread is one of those which was not on my checklist today but I'm here posting a reply....rofl...and at 1.30 my alarm would ring that its time to wrap up as DD would be back from school and I would find I didn't prepare the client's survey report..I didn't check out the recipe for tomorrow's tiffin for DD...I didn't give a call to my cousin who's wedding just got fixed and on and on... !!Enjoy!!

8. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Sure ladies indusladies rocks... ::thumbsup thanks a ton to the kartadharta of this site .

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi Ramya,

welcome to our forum and the snippetting section in particular. :) I understand your predicament which btw every newcomer faces :) because we have all been there. very soon with time we learnt to make time for IL because like you say it is a very satisfying "me " time that one gets to spend here.

1 person likes this.
  10. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

so true ramya...!very beautifully said..im just trying to apprecate good humour..
    u made my day...aftr reading ur msg i felt so li8 and u brought smile on my face aftr such a hectic day!
    i always used to wonder if i were the alone who goes through al the posts...!i joined indusladies to share my experiences during prgnancy through duedateclubs but ended up reading inlaw issues,marital problems...i think i got addicted so badly dat i study for half an hr and i look for posts related to strange marital problems,in-law issues...
    i bookmarked this page and i peep into indusladies wenevr i get bored...!
    i somehow restricted myslf not to login till i finish my vivo but cundt make it..:)