Indusladies 11th Anniversary - Tell Us What Is Most Exciting!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Induslady, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

IL_11th_Anniversary.jpg

Dear IL'ites,

Today (March 29th, 2016) is the 11th Anniversary of Indusladies!
    It is exciting for me to think about the journey this community has been through in the past 11 years. This is a special day to take a moment and thank each and every one of you for your contributions. It has nurtured IL to become a friendly, helpful and resourceful community. Also, my heartfelt 'thank you' to the volunteers who have served this community as Moderators in the past and present.

Talking about excitement, the recent upgrades we carried out to transform the Community into a Mobile Responsive and more User Friendly Site has brought in raving feedback. That's a great payback for all the efforts we put in the last few months for this transformation. While some of you have already figured out lots of interesting features in the face of new IL and have started using them, there might be a few who are still exploring!

To make exploring of the features fun and interesting for everyone, let's play a Tag Game here...

Share the following:
    1. What is the most exciting feature for you?
    2. Why do you think it is cool?

Then Tag(@username) one of your IL Bestie and ask them to share what is the exciting feature for them.
    Let's get the ball rolling!

This will go on until Apr 1st 2016. Then we will pick those IL'ites who brought out the most acknowledged features to receive a special GIVEAWAY!!

Once again thank you for a great year and many more years to come!

Regards,
    Malathy

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

To get this started, here's my choice of an exciting feature:

@username is the most exciting feature as it allows me to mention a member and call for attention.

The cool thing about this feature, now when I do @username a list of matching usernames pull-up that makes it easy, no going wrong with usernames anymore :)

I would like to tag @Srama to say what's the most exciting feature for her!

3. indian786

indian786 New IL'ite

hello ladies

The exciting feature i would like to highlight is the Forums/posts section.
    The reason why its so cool,is i gain tremendrous knowledge and insight reading various kinds of stories,blogs,articles,etc!!!

4. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

What is the most exciting feature for you? - The status update same like Facebook is exciting for me
    2. Why do you think it is cool?It is super cool for me as i can share what i think in my mind with my fellow Ilites.

@kaniths - Share the following:
    1. What is the most exciting feature for you?
    2. Why do you think it is cool?

nimitakain, Induslady and kaniths like this.
  5. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Malathy - @Induslady - Is it mandatory to tag only one user or can we tag multiple users as well in the single post.

6. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathy,

I am here to wish IL a very happy anniversary and my hearty congratulations to the entire team who have been instrumental in taking IL to such great heights. My best wishes to all of you there.

Regards,
    Agatha83

Induslady likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Malathy @Induslady and @Jey

First of all hearty congratulations on the 11th anniversary. I cannot believe how quick the years have flown by. I am fortunate to have been associated with IL for a good part of those 11years. When I look back I feel a wow. I have been fortunate to have made some incredible friendships as well.

That said while I have not had enough time to explore the site in full, I do love the new look. I have been a mobile user of IL for the past week or so and I have to say I am thrilled. While I do like the names popping up for @Users, my favorite is the link to "recent posts" on the forum link as well at the bottom of the page makes a world of difference. This beats everything else hands down for me at this point when I am travelling and hard pressed for time. Enjoying keeping up with the threads I am interested for now. Thank you. Using IL on mobile has been a breeze.

Now let me tag @satchitananda to share.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  8. Nithyaes

Nithyaes New IL'ite

My hearty congratulations to IL team..... Great works guyzzzzzz....:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Induslady likes this.
  9. durgadeviramesh

durgadeviramesh Platinum IL'ite

20160329_155948.jpg

20160329_155400.jpg 20160329_154833.jpg 20160329_155833.jpg 20160329_155544.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2016
    satchitananda, Agatha83 and omsrisai like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear IL Team, Jey & Malathy:

I wish all of you a very happy 11th anniversary. Your relentless efforts have paid rich dividends. Once again congratulations to the entire team for rolling out a very exciting platform for us to enjoy it in multiple devices. The credit should go to the staff members for creating a wonderful friendly environment for everyone to keep coming back again and again. By the new look, you have expanded the time one would like to spend in the site. I always admired the content the budding writers create in this forum and the amount of encouragement the members give to them. In my view, three important elements for any forum to succeed are the friendly environment, new look and availability in multiple devices and excellent content and this site has already established those three important elements. With that, I am sure you would celebrate many more anniversaries.

The two cool features I enjoy (Jey has already mentioned it earlier) is the ability to watch forums or threads i.e. to get notification without being inundated with emails. The alerts is another excellent feature that helps us find out where we need to pay immediate attention.

I am requesting @Gauri03 to give the best feature comments here.

Viswa

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Gauri03, Jey, Induslady and 1 other person like this.