1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Induction cooking

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Aadhusmom, May 27, 2008.

1. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

DH brought home today a Pigeon induction cooktop along with a cooker, fry pan and a sauce pan. well the manual doesn't have much to offer. As it was a surprise gift couldn't accompany DH to the shop. I wish ILites are there to help. I have a lot of queries to be asked. Here are some of them.

1. Can it be placed on a wooden surface. As of now I am using itplaced on my dining table.
    2. can iron tawa be placed on induction. ( In a cookery show today, I saw the chef cooked the dish on a iron tawa placed on induction stove.)

3. How can I cook using the preset menu, like stirfry, steamer porridge etc. many preset menu's are there. Should I have to set the timer/ Preset. (Manual offers very little and am thoroughly confused:bonk).
    4. Can I expect a big hole in my pocket if I use it daily for all cooking.:hide:
    If someone could give some gyan on this, will be helpful.

2. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

Answers in red.

Arunadhri

3. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Arunadhri. That was very helpful.

4. sunflame

sunflame New IL'ite

Advantages of a Food Processor

Recently i used Sunflame food processor and it is very time saving kitchen appliances. This appliances is also suggested by my friend anjleena she is also using sunflame food processor.