1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indu

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, May 26, 2019.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I felt as though you speak sitting infront of me thanks madam sister.
    God bless.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gauri Madam,
    Thank you very much for your response.Certain things just happen.Lack of finance was not a constraint, as we had full co operation from all the other brilliant students.They collected materials from libraries in the nearby colleges to know about Magnesium silicate and in what form the raw material was available.A door opened for us. My Amma, who initially scolded me for breaking the kal satti, was of much assistance to us. She allotted a 12x12ft cemented area in the back yard,closed on three sides with walls,the other side with a sack.She spread her nine yards cotton saree all around the enthiram and placed thick old news paper'The Hindu' on the saree and gave us six news papers to be used for sieving.She helped to keep the place dust free.As eleven news papers weighed 1.400 gms( a vis) ,it was her generous contribution to the project.Otherwise by selling the papers she would have got six Annas.When the project results were announced, I came home along with my five friends.My mother shed tears of joy, hugged every one and gave two silky soft dosas to us all with chutney and sambar.By the by the name'INDU' was suggested by my Amma.A sweet short name denoting 'moon'.We didn't have any floral decorations. for the stall.It was a simple welcome with the auspicious kolam made out of wet rice flour.My Appa's sparking white angavastram adorned the table with the talcum dubbas arranged as 'INDU'- so simple , easy and convenient to arrange and replacing also was easy.A profuse 'thanks' to Amma for her choice of the name.

jayasala 42

Rihana and kkrish like this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hats off to you and your friends and your mother too, @jayasala42 ma'am.
    Innovation and enterprise at its best.
    Your successful venture is sure proof of so many approaches to life - "thinking out of the box", resourcefulness, knowledge, perseverance, confidence, and hard work. I can go on.
    i see all this in your numerous articles on life ma'am.
    Congratulations on the nomination. Rightfully so.

4. jayasala42

Thank you KKrish for your response.I wish I have 30% of the enthusiasm I had in my younger days. my mother was such a hard working determined lady.She had so many talents hidden in her.Unfortunately women in 1900 were not allowed to come out.
    jayasala42

kkrish likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Smt Jayasala:

I am very happy to hear about your creativity at that young age with limited budget. When I look at most inventions, they are always something simple and extremely useful to the users. Moreover, they were invented with limited budget without fanfare.

Did you keep one of that as souvenier? We would love to see it, if you have one.

6. jayasala42

Thank you Viswa.Only this writing is the memoir.
    Jayasala 42

Viswamitra likes this.