Indoor games past and present

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sudhakrishna, Jan 6, 2012.

1. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

During school days we used to play kallanga, raja rani, name place animal thing, words building etc. during free hours. We have equal chance of winning. One time swarna will be winner, next time padma, next time roopa and so on. So we really enjoyed playing in group. This developed our intimacy and bond.
    Today my son is playing hand cricket, stone paper scissors, odd or eve. This is played between two people and not in groups. So the person who is well versed in the game always wins as he chooses the weak partner. The other one is always a loser. Is this a good trend. What games do your kids play at school?. Is it a group game or between two people.Please share your views

2. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

A very good thread Sudhakrishna.

Till three years back,I used to play dhayam (Sokkatan)with my neighbours.Now with my kutty son around ,I don't find time.

Our whole family plays carom board,Scotland yard,monopoly,cards,chinese checkers,memory game,pallankuzhi.

When we elders don't have time my DS plays with his friends.We live in a gated community paying a huge rent only for my elder DS to socialize with a lot of friends of his age.Since,playing games in groups develops one's values.

He plays both old and new games.He prefers group games.As I noticed,almost all his friends are going crazy about bayblade games.Each one is carrying atleast two bayblades in his pocket.It is just like instant pambaram.This is the current trend among kids.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  3. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Thank you kishoremommy for your detailed reply. My son owns 3 bayblades and if i ask him for any gift his first choice is bayblade. He used to update himself with the latest ones. And Playing uno is also one game which is popular among the kids.