1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indipop Throwback

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Gauri03, Mar 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. O Sanam by Lucky Ali. Still powerful enough to evoke the same feelings it did all those years ago.

kaniths likes this.
  2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Hmmmm, I chose to leave the feels for the Rfak-Arijit-Atif music thread. :relaxed: Just happy, funky(now they all are), funny, peppy beats here! :tongueout:

In that mood...

:laughing::hearteyes::sunglasses:

Gauri03 likes this.
  3. ano

ano Silver IL'ite

Such a happy song.i love this one too from Daler

Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  4. ano

ano Silver IL'ite

I love subha mudgal, she has a strong voice which you don't see in many female singers in India

I am just sad she stopped putting out new songs and has kind of disappeared from the singing scene

5. ano

ano Silver IL'ite

I am surprised nobody has put this one up yet, but my sad playlist song. As a teen, I also used to think that this is deep( please forgive me:coldsweat:)

Shanvy, Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  6. ano

ano Silver IL'ite

Kaliash kher is one of favorite singers, though I have been very dissapointed in him after metoo allegations. I think the allegations are believable.

Anyhow, a evergreen favorite

Gauri03 likes this.
  7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

KK.... :relaxed:

Shanvy and Gauri03 like this.
  8. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Why isn't Asha Bhosle mentioned yet either!

I don't know... I used to like the song, hearing now ain't that much, I'm bored already! :relaxed: Lol. Couldn't remember any of her pop hits but for the "Rapunzel story song" and Google fetched me this. :innocent:

Hummable still, I guess?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Gauri03 likes this.
  9. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I'm glad you like that one and something in that song makes me listen it again and again.
    One more my favourite Hindi pop song is Shanker Mahadevan's Breathless. I just amaze by his power of voice.

Shanvy and Gauri03 like this.
  10. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

You catch onto, and then, are cured from other musical infections but this viral tune from the yore just splices itself into the DNA that it stays a part of you forever as there is no known resistance to this trot. The song embeds into you as an anthem of life.

Aankhon mein sapne liye
    Ghar se hum chal to diye
    Jaane yeh raahein ab le jaayengi kahan
    Manzil nayi hai anjaana hai kaarvaan
    Chalna akele hai yahan

... in that 'manzil nayi hai anjaana hai kaarvaan', we are the sole custodians of our unshakable aspirations in an ever shifting world though obstacles would ensnare them. These captive aspirations are questioned, indicted and even ridiculed. But time and again, those aspirations are freed, the hostile frontiers are dismantled by us cheerfully, to pave way in that solitary pursuit. We find allies in the most unlikely bends. They believe in our wild aspirations. You don't know the destination, nor you care. March solitary to the beat of an unknown beckoning in you so persistent that it might just exist in your imagination yet it burns unafraid and nurtures you to stride ahead. Keep marching in that unfamiliar terrain because one day you will emerge out of those anjaana roads with worthwhile memories.

Tanha dil, tanha safar
    Dhoonde tujhe phir kyoon nazar

I never understood that phrase "dhoonde tujhe phir kyoon nazar", to me, it means seeking something vague that I would know when I confront it. I am allured by its flash, it is moving ahead so am I.

I love this visual metaphor in the song of our fleeting allies march in tandem with us. They keep changing with each leap. You would have thought you have left them all behind.

upload_2019-3-22_14-8-10.png

But their collective presence is built into your steady march and growth. Their montage is represented in your own self.

upload_2019-3-22_14-9-8.png
    While my other favorite pop songs are spaced together, this particular song appeals to me much that it is a mile dearer from the rest.

The song isn't on the forsaken bonds in our isolated march but is a celebration of the unfazed spirit to cherish our reckoning alongside those who cross our stray walk. The heart is a lonely hunter but the wilderness it claims is unbound in that safar.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    Rihana, Shanvy and Gauri03 like this.