1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indifference And Unfair????

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by boldnbutiful, May 17, 2017.

1. boldnbutiful

boldnbutiful Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies. .

I have a handsome boy who just turned 6 months and in our tradition they do annaprasan when baby is in their 6 th month...now the tradition is that father side grandparents will do this function and naming ceremony aka barasa la is done by maternal grandparents

My mom was here with me in Australia including my pil for naming ceremony which I agree we did in temple nevertheless it was taken care by my parents And my mil very eagerly 100 asked my parents what they were gifting my son which they did in gold.

Now for annaprasan my pil did not do anything now that they r india and we here they didn't even raise the topic when mu hubby asked they were like we don't have money now wevhv your brother s marriage comings up expenses etc and my hubby being good son accepted n felt bad ....

now my problem here is they do 6not have any money troubles, they gifted my cousin sil son a gift worth 5k recently for no occasion .When they have so many exprnses why did they. ....can't they spare 2k for their first grandson???? Why lying...

I feeling very bad for my son that his grandparents are not even consider ing him worthy of his no fault. ..

And yeah they did ask what my parents were gifting him....

you might question may be its right but I just can't seem.to trust them as they are very clever liars ..they lied about many things even to their own son..how I know is for same question they answer different ly different times and their answer depends on the asking person

am I overreacting

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

U r not overreacting. Ur expectations are right. Just console yourself.

boldnbutiful likes this.
  3. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

They are in India, you are in Australia. Annaprasanam is basically ceremonial feeding of the child with rice. What do you expect them to do?

boldnbutiful likes this.
  4. boldnbutiful

I am expecting them to do what they expected my parents to do .....they wanted me to gift mil sqree for every occasion so isn't it minimum expect actions that they gift their only grandson at least a small toy.....

Try they r in India but when they needed something country was not a barrier. ..This barrier existed even for my parents still they called them and asked what they were gift ing and put their demand s

5. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

So you are expecting a gift for your son from them?

boldnbutiful likes this.
  6. boldnbutiful

I not expecting gift from them...When they are asking my parents about gifts shouldn't they also be in position to do the same ??? It's not about expect atiins it's about being fair ....

sindmani likes this.
  7. boldnbutiful

When they are so strict about following traditions. .why can't they do the same...I could also ask then I am.in Australia you in India how is it possible for me.to.sned a screen to you. .but nevertheless I had.ro send it m

8. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

screen???????????

boldnbutiful likes this.
  9. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

looks like ur H already asked them y they did not gift anything and they replied they are short on cash. The answer is not convincing to you & they might very well be lying. at this point...u can either let go or if the issue is really im portant to you, you can tell them u felt really bad that ur son did not receive any gifts from them for an important milestone in his life

sindmani likes this.
  10. boldnbutiful

unshine04, post: 3974380, member: 467436"]screen???????????[/QUOTE]
    Saree...auto correct wd naby in one hand sorry for mis typings