Indians in Woodlands, Texas

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by towoodlands, Aug 23, 2009.

1. towoodlands

towoodlands New IL'ite

hi-
    whats the desi community like in woodlands. i know there is a big community in houston. anything in woodlands?

we are moving there in a month..
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. auspicious-ray

auspicious-ray New IL'ite

Re: indians in woodlands

hi,
    nice to see someone in IL from woodlands. i am kiran. we live near college park. what about you? where do you stay? i too have a 4 yrs old son.came here last year.

3. kijo

kijo New IL'ite

Re: indians in woodlands

hi!!!
    i am kiran.even i am from woodlands.i live near south millbend drive. i am a doctor planning to pursue my furthur career.we have few indian families in our apt.i have good frends here.it's nice here.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  4. rasree

rasree New IL'ite

hi ,

we r new to woodlands .we are searching for friends .my son is 4yrs old.are u guys still here in woodlands.please reply

5. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

We will be moving to woodlands from fairfax. We plan to move there by May. Please suggest some good apartments with Indian community. I am looking forward to make new friends there. I have a 2years old son and presently a stay at home mom.

Lavanya

6. casablanca

casablanca New IL'ite

Hi Lavanya,
    We are moving from CA to Woodlands TX coming May with my husband and 5 yr old son. I wanted to know which apartments have good Asian Indian population and also good schools. I found an apartment opposite to the Woodlands Hindu Temple, do you have any idea about it.

Thank you

7. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I live in those apartments, but I moved there recently. It's called Avana sterling, as such the apartments are a little old, but I have seen a lot of Indian families there. The location is very good, everything is close by -the groceries, doctors and even the temple. The public schools have very good rating. I left to India in a month after moving there I am back by mid Feb., I have already met couple Indian families.

Please PM your e mail ID, I can share further information if you need
    Thanks and welcome to woodlands

Lavanya

8. casablanca

casablanca New IL'ite

Hi Lavanya,
    Thank you for the info. I need more info too but I am not comfortable in posting my personal email ID and phone numbers, is there any other way. Are there any Indian Grocers near by. Besides this apt, are there any other apts with Indians and good schools.

Thank you

9. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

Hi

Indian grocers are not very near by you will have to drive a little. Even I am new to Woodlands, so I would not know about other apartments. You donot have to post your e-mail ID, you can send me a PM(private message), you have that option in this forum

Thanks

10. vjams15

vjams15 New IL'ite

Hi Lavanya
    Thanks for the info you provided. We are relocating from Michigan to woodlands. Would like more info in regards to nice apartments with Indian community and good schooling. Thanks again!