Indians In The News

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Amica, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Whenever I spot an Indian-sounding name on non-desi news sites, the story gets my immediate attention. [​IMG]

It doesn't matter whether the person is in the news for a positive or negative reason. I obsessively track down details of the achievement or disgrace. I have even Googled the people's names 'cos I'm curious to see what they look like and if I've ever met them. :facepalm:

Thanks to the Internet, we see these stories often. And opportunities for rubbernecking are greatly increased. :shakehead: :blush:

Please join me in posting news stories — new and not-so-new — about desis abroad and in discussing the details here. :)

vaidehi71 and SeekingMind like this.

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

vaidehi71 likes this.
  3. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

Thanks for starting this thread. Excellent one! I hope many others join in this and start posting.
    Just like you, even I become very interested when I hear a desi name in news. I guess many Indians feel the same. .
    Here, is the latest one in news.
    India-born innovator and scientist Ramesh Raskar has been awarded a $500,000 prize, one of the world’s largest single cash awards that recognizes invention.

India-Born MIT Scientist Wins a $500,000 Prize for Invention

vaidehi71 and Amica like this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

SeekingMind likes this.