1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Savannah, GA - Introduce yourself here!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Aarushi, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Welcome to the IndusLadies community!! I hope you have a wonderful time here interacting with other desi ladies in your area.:)

Please click "Post Reply" button below to introduce yourself. Please be as detailed as possible. Some of the things that you might include in your introductions are:
    • Information about your family - parents, husband, children etc.
    • Where are you from and where do you currently live
    • Your education, job etc.
    • Your upbringing and your life so far
    • Your hobbies and interests
    • Your likes and dislikes
    • What you like about Indusladies community
    Please see below for some sample introductions.
    Who am I?
    Who am I?

Happy sharing!

2. sricharitha

sricharitha New IL'ite

Hello Janani,
    glad to know that you are from Savannah,GA. i am a student who just completed her masters in mechanical engg. I will be moving to savannah in january on a project and am looking for someone who can help me find an accomodation. All these years i have been living with roommates and am a little scared to live all by myself. it would be great if u can help me find some accomodation. about myself, i am from hyderabad and have a bent to classical music too.i love chatting and a little bit of eating. thats it for now....lot more to tell and will store it for my next post...he he

thanks and have a gud day,

charitha

3. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Charitha,

Welcome to IndusLadies and I'm glad to see that you are from my very own Georgia!

I checked the members directory and we have about 5 people in Savannah right now. You can check the link under my signature on "how to find people in my city". Then send a PM to them. This would definitely put you in touch with people who are actually in Savannah.

Incidentally, Janani's info was a sample. She is in Chennai actually. I had just given an example on how a well written intro should look like... Sorry about the confusion.:) I'm from UP..however I do have loads of friends from Andhra. :)

About finding acco, you could try sulekha classifieds or apartment for rent website. Have you tried those? Living alone can be daunting at first, but after you make a couple of friends, it gets much easier and is definitely a great experience.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more help and I will be happy to do so...:)

love,
    Aarushi

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  4. Shahrukhlover

Shahrukhlover New IL'ite

Hi! I live in Savannah. I'm in high school. I live with both of my parents and my older sister and none of them are interested in the Indian community in Savannah.

:thumbsdown

I, on the other hand, want to know everything about the Indian community here, which is what prompted me to join this forum

1 person likes this.
  5. sathya12

sathya12 New IL'ite

Hi! I live in Savannah. I'm in high school. I live with both of my parents and my older sister and none of them are interested in the Indian community in Savannah.

I, on the other hand, want to know everything about the Indian community here, which is what prompted me to join this forum

Hi
    I am a mother of two teen girls.my elder one is a freshmen in college.we live in warner robins GA.It is really nice to know that your interested in your community and your people.

6. degas83

degas83 New IL'ite

Hello I am new to this site , Name is sreelu , moving to georgia in couple months from mid west , Going to have my first child next month , will be living near pooler wiht my husband and baby . looking for info on any good day cares in pooler . I love beading , crafts and cooking . Hope to meet new people in savannah . I am from hyderabad and telugu speaking .

7. degas83

degas83 New IL'ite

does anyone know of any good daycares in pooler or savannah , GA. My daughter will be 4 months next year to look for day care

8. tjsreenath

tjsreenath New IL'ite

Hi,

My self Sravani.

We might moving to Atlanta early next month for a short term assignment for my husband.

As i heard from my husband Savannah Apartments is very to his office, we were looking (myself, husband and 3 yr baby) for a single bed room flat for sub lease.

If some one knows flats availability starting from Apr'16 onwards for less than 6 months kindly let me this will be help for us to take that up.

We are looking to take flat for rent in the range of $900 to $1200

Thanks,
    Sravani