Indians in Republic of Ireland

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by ptamil2007, Jun 29, 2010.

1. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hello ladies,

Can we introduce ourselves for those living in Republic of Ireland?

It would be good to exchange ideas

2. srideviire

srideviire New IL'ite

yes sure,
    i live in Monaghan, ireland, which part of ireland you live in
    we can share things.how do u like the place, you have commuity friends there

3. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    welcome to this forum. I live in Galway City. I have been in Ireland for 2 years now

the place is not too bad. Kind of getting along.
    Know some Indian families out here

How about you? How long have you been in Ireland?

4. vandanasrinivas

vandanasrinivas Silver IL'ite

hiii..

am from dublin..we recently came here..njoying d weather and everything...
    is any one from dublin..let me know???

keep messaging
    byee..

5. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

hi vandana,

i also live in dublin with my family..been here for the past 3 years..so,which part of dublin r u in??nice to know that u r enjoying the irish weather which most of them crib about..

aarthi

6. bagisri

bagisri New IL'ite

Hi,

My husband got an assignment in Dublin, Ireland & we might be moving soon. I wanted to know about the Grocery prices over there. Do we get all South Indian Grocery items? Any site from which I can get the price details?
    Also if anybody can shed some light on clothes to take based on the weather, it will be of real help.

Thanks All,
    Bagisri

7. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

hi bagisri,

good luck with your assignment..as far as the gorceries r concerned,you get everything here,though it might not be as extensive as u find in india,but still u get all the important stuff like dhals,spices,rice,indian veggies,etc.i will give u the website for an asian shop ,u can have a look at the prices..it would be wise not to convert the euros into rupees ,though.
    www.bombaybazaar.ie

with regard to clothing,spring has almost started ,so u can just get a couple of light jackets and cardigans and buy rest of the stuff once u come here..there is a forum called INDIANSINIRELAND,please register and post your queries there as well for more precise answers..

All the best for your trip.

regards
    aarthi

8. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

I am just curious to know , as Indians, living in Dublin, what all the general social activities, you get to do with your kids?

Basically, here in Galway, nothing pretty much for us. So kind of feeling weird.

9. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

ptamil,

well,it is not really that bad here,i do plan a lot of activities with my son,depending on the weather...we have a couple of friends and we meet on a regular basis for play dates..we go to the temple regularly(the temple here has now been operating on a weekly basis ,prior to this it was a monthly pooja)..

i have enrolled my son in few extra curricular classes like tennis,keyboard and kumon,,so that takes a majority of time..though we dont have indian neighbours,,but i make a point to meet our friends regularly atleast once a fortnight..otherwise,it gets too depressing for me..

i used to have a couple of friends living in galway,but now they have moved to dublin...how old is your kid???r u a tamilian??have u tried organizing play dates??

regards
    aarthi

10. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi Aarthi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes we are tamilians living in galway.

My son is 3 years old now. I am working full time and so he goes to the full time creche.

I havent really started getting to know others, its been 2.5 years since we moved to Ireland.
    We know couple of Indian families here, but again, no kids of the same age you know.

Talking about the temple, we have never been to the temple. Should visit sometime.