1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

indians in portland,hillsboro,oregon area

Discussion in 'Indians in Portland' started by C_Saratha, Mar 1, 2013.

1. NithyaDgl

NithyaDgl New IL'ite

thank you Saratha. I am kind of relaxed after hearing this ... Could you also suggest any School/Apartment where more Indian community available in Beverton/Hillsboro/Bethany?

2. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

Bethany is more of residential place n distant access to stores n groceries... South parc is popular for Indians in Bethany and fills up fast.
    Hillsboro had widespread of Indians in almost every apartment here as it's closer to Intel / Nike.
    Beaverton too is same. Both hilslboro n Beaverton has easy access to shops n classes. Bethany is highly populated with Indians but completely residential. Unless u know driving everything will seem little far off.

3. NithyaDgl

NithyaDgl New IL'ite

thats great to know, thanks a lot.

4. aarti19

aarti19 New IL'ite

Hi Saratha,

I'm Aarti from Bangalore.

I just saw your posts and got to know that you are staying in Hillsboro for a long time now. I'll be moving to the city in few weeks.

Need some ideas to find a house for rent. My office is in NW 229th Ave. Could you please help me in identifying the locations where I can get a house near the office and indian grocery stores?

Aarti

5. rdivyarr

rdivyarr New IL'ite

HI Saratha,
    I have just arrived Portland and staying in Residence in Marriot....it is for 2 years that we are going to stay here....... planning to take house in Bevearton or Hillsbro..... not decided yet
    I am from Coimbatore.
    In hurry I have forgotten few items from India.... chapatti roller and stuffs like this..
    Could you guide me where can I get these things........
    Sorry I don't have any friends here.....
    Please help........

Thank you,
    Divya

6. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

Welcome to Portland divya! I guarantee you you will love portland as u settle!
    exciting factor is u too from coimbatore!
    we have couple of Indian stores near by called apna bazar, india supermarket... you will get the items u asked for there... but don't expect quality to be as perfect as u get in india... and pricing might seem little more for u at this point of the time... for us when need is priority, I don't look into prices.
    glad I could help u... feel free to ping me if u have any further doubts...
    u can also email me to my Gmail address with address name c.saratha.
    looking forward to talk to u more!

7. rdivyarr

rdivyarr New IL'ite

Really I am so happy to see your reply ..... really tears in my eyes..... actually I don't have any known person here but your reply gives me a new hope..........

Thanks for the info......... His colleague gave an route about Jacob wrismer school and south parc apartments..... actually planning to see that by this week........ At present I am staying in Residence inn Marriot ... riverside......
    Fine with that... Actually we got Mixie and grinder of 110 volts which ate our weight and so couldn't get much of other things at last moment.........
    Anyways as you told need is important till we settle down we need to spend ........
    Fine with that........ If you have idea about this school, it would be of much help.......
    Living place we are planning for upgraded 2 bed room partments .. and me, my hubby and my 7 years old son....... I think that should be fine..........

Sorry, for asking you more questions....... once I get settled I will ping you but not trouble you like this.......

8. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

Hi dhivya,
    glad I helped little bit in some way. I can totally understand your emotions... I was also in the same situation when I came to usa! Totally left alone in an alien country.happy that social sites like Indus ladies are there now which I wished was available long back when I came.
    I live in hillsboro area. so I don't have much idea about that school area.all I know it's good rated school and best wishes to u to get settled in a comfortable place of your choice. Good to know you have a 7 yr old. I have two boys...6 yrs n 2 1/2 yr old.
    feel free to ping me anytime and I never think of it as bothering. I love to help ppl around especially when they r new to the place. So Don't Bother About BOTHETING me!:)

9. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

HI Aarti
    sorry for the late reply,
    I have been inactive for quite sometime. I guess by now u r settled. If you still need help plz feel free to ping me... let me see what I can do to help u.
    once again sorry about the late reply aarti.

10. rdivyarr

rdivyarr New IL'ite

hi saratha,

I and my son and down with fever not very high but yes....
    Should I meet a doctor fome?
    For my son I have crocin syrup bbut for myself I am worried, as there are no one withus in hotel... thought of taki some medication... could you help?