1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Pittsburgh ??!!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Pittsburgh' started by ssubhasr, Oct 9, 2007.

1. MythiliMurali

MythiliMurali Bronze IL'ite

Hi Subh,
    How are you?
    The baby is so cute(Your Image).Do you remember me, I guess I have chatted with you earlier regarding Tulip festival.
    We recently relocated to NW of Pennsylvania, and will be visiting Pittsburgh very often.I am new here.I would like to know any grocery stores other than Patel Brothers near the temple.
    And are there any other attractions to go near by.

2. MythiliMurali

And any other good restaurants too(Both veg & Non-veg)?

3. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Mythili

Hope you are doing good....

So far as I knw the only Indian grocery store is Patel Brothers near SV temple.

And if you are ok to travel some 10-20 miles, then you have good restaurants near greentree road (Tamarind - 2101 Greentree Road, Pittsburgh - (412) 278-4848) Tamarind has one more branch at 57 North Craig Street, Pittsburgh - (412) 605-0500. Though we are pure vegeterian, we heard this restaurant is good for non-veg also (you'll get Andhra style dishes too) (Do drop in sometime, if you come to Greentree road Tamarind. We live in Carriage Park Apts, Greentree Road)

Places you can visit :

Pittsburgh conservative. You'll have spring flower show now going on. Call them before you plan to confirm the flower show.

Schenley park.

ISCON (it is in W.Virginia, its jus 90 mins drive from pittsburgh). You have Golden Temple also, which is a very beautiful place to see.

Ohio Pyle (again 60-90 mins drive from pittsburgh). Such a wonderful place to see during spring & summer and also god for fall colours.

Cooper rock state park. Very good place to see for fall colours.

Trust this helps :thumbsup

4. MythiliMurali

Thanks Shubha.That's a lot of information.

5. Dancer

Dancer Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I stay in Carriage Park apartments too. Shifted here after my wedding last November. Winter was tough as I am originally from Chennai :) But spring seems so much better! Just wanted to make some friends...

6. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Dancer,

I too live in carriage park...in 100 building...in which building are you in ? hope to meet u sometime. i use to come for a walk daily in the evening with my kid, probably by 4-4.30 pm. do let me know.

7. Dancer

Dancer Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I live in the 500s. .. I see a lot of ladies bringing their kids out to play in the evenings near the park. I don't go for a walk often, but we can meet sometime :)

8. Dancer

Dancer Silver IL'ite

Hi ssubhasr,

How do we decide when and where to meet? I don't have the option of sending private messages...

9. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

me too dont have the option of using private message....will decide the timings and meet in the park...probably during the weekend if you dont go out ? bcoz you will have less crowd during the weekend at 4/5 pm ? what do you say ? otherwise you can mail me....mine is very easy....my username followed by gmail.

Moderators - Am sorry, i dont know how to communicate...thats why

10. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

hi suma !
    my brother and his wife are looking for apartments in pittsburgh. he works in downtown. i just want to know abt the one you are living..they are planning to take either in carriage park or crane village...
    thanks