1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Orlando, FL - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Orlando' started by Shamala, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Madhu,

Welcome to the Indus Ladies community!:) We are a great group here and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time infinitely.

It was interesting to know that you that you are an immigration attorney as well as a writer on social issues affecting the Indian diaspora.

I look forward to reading more of your posts...:)

love,
    Aarushi

2. viniinmaryland

viniinmaryland New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am vinitha i have completed my Engineering in India basically am a Southindian and from ( Warangal) HYD, so right now am in MD, but today we got to know that my husband has got project in florida so we should move to here,
    THE THING IS I NEED SOEM HELP ABOUT GOOD APARTMENTS IN JAXSONVILLE place in florida, not only apartments but also how about Indian communities and basically i need some guidence about the place is anyone from this place here?
    can any one hlp me out with your great ideas about good cheap apartments and about good environments.
    looking forward to hear from you people.
    thanks in advance.

3. LalliRagav

LalliRagav New IL'ite

Moving to Orlando Florida

Hi there,

We are looking to move to Orlando, FL from St.Louis Mo this summer. Would like to make some friends and find out about housing, schools, indian community...We are considering the Windermere area for housing...Would like to get some input from expert residents in Orlando.

Lalitha

4. Kinny

Kinny New IL'ite

Hi. My name is Kin Dutta. I was born and raised in Vancouver, Canada and will be moving to the Orlando area in late November this year. I'm married and have two kids (boy-age 4 and girl-age 2). We are considering living in Windermere because of better schools, any other suggestions? We prefer a place that has good schools and a lot going on. I'm a city girl and I need a mall close by. I was also wondering about Indian stores, clothes, music, groceries. I'm Sikh and my husband is Hindu. Are there Gurdwaras and Mandirs close by?

5. Nidhi Dave

Nidhi Dave New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am Nidhi... moved from Miami area to Orlando... Working in a software firm as a Business Analyst and my husband is in IT too. Have been looking to be a part of some indian community. I dont have no kids yet but want to make a good social circle with ladies like you.... Do you guys host some meetings so we can gather and know each other a bit more? I dont know many people in Orlando yet but would love to meet more and more indians. I am a north indian (from delhi) and my husband is a gujarati...

we live in Hunter's creek area (south Orlando, near kissimmee). Anyone near by?

6. Nidhi Dave

Nidhi Dave New IL'ite

HI Kin...

I am sure this post finds you already moved in to Orlando... I am not aware of things that you asked for in Windermere area but my area (i.e. South Orange blossom Trail) is rich in indian restaurants, Indian stores, indian movie theatre and even a mandir... This area is Hunter's creek in south orlando near kissimmee....

7. orlandouser

orlandouser New IL'ite

hi,:thumbsup

I am menu from tamilnadu came to US few years back currently in orlando,FL.I am near UCF.

I am happy to join this community..I am home maker and my husband is in s/w feild.I think this site is great for us to get engaged...:)

menu

8. Swethar12

Swethar12 New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

My name is Swetha. I am presently living in Lake Mary and planning to move to Orlando in couple months. I am a business analyst but looking for employment now. I'm married and I have a 4 year old daughter. I'm really interested in making some friends just to chit chat, go shopping etc

Thanks,
    Swetha

9. Shamala

Shamala New IL'ite

I live in East Orlando as well. Little further than UCF. Have a son and he is 2 yrs. I would love to meet you some time.

10. samrudh2008

samrudh2008 New IL'ite

Re: Introduce yourselves here!

hello everyone

I am Deepti staying in CT and moving to florida in aug/sept. have a 6 months old son. Next week we are coming to florida as my husb has a business trip and also to look up for apts.Have chosen 3 places aAltamonte springs,lake mary and winter springs .so i just want to know which is the safe area and in which place are more indians staying.hope to meet some one soon

bye see ya