1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Lansing, Michigan Area - Please Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Indians in Michigan' started by GurulakshmiK, May 13, 2013.

1. JAYAGOW

JAYAGOW New IL'ite

Great. Enjoy. But i think we will be unable to join for two reasons - Firstly we are Vegetarians(egg included) and secondly not in the weekend. but i am sure it will be great fun. if it was veg club i would have readily joined since i am a good cook.

do tell me later how you enjoyed. by the way i celebrated my birthday yesterday :)

2. AS86

AS86 Silver IL'ite

Oh, happy birthday! Hope you had tons of fun!

I am vegetarian too. I will be bringing a chickpea salad. Yeah, I don't know why they didn't keep it during the weekend. Probably because most parks are crowded during weekends.

But, that's ok. I'll tell you how it was. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. JAYAGOW

JAYAGOW New IL'ite

great you are a veggie. will try to come. cant tell.

have great fun. i will ask hubby again. the problem is transportation. he is going for driving classes. so once he gets a car it will be good.

thanks a lot for your wishes. hubby surprised me with a birthday cake and dresses :)

1 person likes this.
  4. AS86

AS86 Silver IL'ite

I've sent you a private message. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. JAYAGOW

JAYAGOW New IL'ite

Hi i got it. i am shifting to third floor today. i am not in that messenger. will create an id and contact you mostly on tuesday. happy weekend to you

6. AS86

AS86 Silver IL'ite

Sounds good. :) Have a good weekend!

7. Tinasen

Tinasen New IL'ite

Hi Sweety, Avantika, Lakshmi & other IL members,
    I am moving to Lansing, my hubby got a job there. His job is in Lansing. I am planning to take a apt in east lansing or okemos. I do not know anybody there to ask abt the place or the apts. You people are my only guidance, please help me. Please tell me which apartment to take in around lansing where our Indians live. I have a 3 yr old son he has started playing with friends recently. So it will be great If I could move where many Indians live. Please tell me some names of apartments that are good there.

Waiting for your help,
    Tina.

8. Tinasen

Tinasen New IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,
    I am Tina. Moving to lansing by august end. My hubby job got a project there. We are looking for Indian community living apartments in lansing or east lansing or okemos. Can you please tell me which apartment you are staying. Are there indians in your place? Would be a very great help for me.

Thanks,
    Tina.

1 person likes this.
  9. AS86

AS86 Silver IL'ite

Hi Tina,

Welcome to Lansing! There are many Indians in East Lansing as well as West Lansing. So, it would be better to decide according to the location of your husband's office. Also, there are many, many Indian families around the Indian temple in Okemos (East Lansing). In West, there are several apartment complexes around Horrocks Farm Market and almost all of them have several Indian families.

If you want names, Devonshire on Canal apartments, Canal Club, Tammany on the Ponds and Westbury Lake (all in West Lansing) are pretty good. All are spacious and cheap and close to grocery stores etc.

Look forward to meeting you when you get here. :)

10. swetha412

swetha412 New IL'ite

New to Lansing

Hello my name is Swetha. My husband and i moved to lansing just a week ago..Are there any any Indian families living in and around Trappers Cove Apartments , Lansing?