1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Kentucky (KY) - Introduce yourself here!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Kentucky' started by bipasha, Dec 3, 2007.

1. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Any Indians staying in Kentucky can introduce themselves in this thread.
    We can discuss Places to visit,Opportunities,Hobbies,etc..
    Anybody from Florence,KY.

Bipasha:welcome

2. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Re: Indians in Kentucky

Hi Bipasha,

Welcome to the south east sub forum of IL! :) I'm glad you started this thread so that KY ladies can have their very own place here....:)

About finding more ladies in your city, try the How do I find people living in my city? link. That will give you a list of IL members who live in your city.

My brother was in KY for a few years sometime back and I have this image of a snow filled place in my mind...a picture perfect white Christmas like scene..am I correct? :) Do share some things about KY here so that people like me who have never visited can get a glimpse of what you see every day...

Thanks and love,
    Aarushi

3. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi Aarushi...
    when no one replied to the thread I htought that not many people are from Kentucky...I am glad that you want to know more about Kentucky...I would surely write about places to visit and the right time to visit these places.I have been to 5 -6 states in the
    US but find Kentucky very scenic and beautiful...I would also post some pictures on the place....
    The first one
    Historical:Birth Place of Abraham Lincoln
    More to come....

Bipasha

4. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hey Aarushi,
    U stay in Atlanta? you can come to KY its hardly 5-6 hrs drive..

Bipasha

5. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Wow Bipasha! I did not know that KY was the birthplace of Lincoln! That was a very interesting titbit you have there...

What would be the best places to visit in KY? Would a weekend be enough? Does it make sense to do a winter trip or wait till spring?

love,
    Aarushi

6. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi Aarushi,
    As you had said...I searched for people from kentucky an dhave sent them messages to join the thread for useful discussions...lets see how many of them join..

Of course you can visit KY during winter.You can visit Mammoth caves.Thats a quite famous destination.
    For more details
    www.mammothcave.com/

Bipasha

7. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Bipasha for your efforts and for the travel tip and link!! will look into it...:)

love,
    Aarushi

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hi Bipasha,

isn't Florence the capital of KY! I used to visit once every year when my best freind was living there. It is a lovely place and one memory that has stayed with me is the shopping complex - the supercenter and all that in one area! It is a lovely place and KY as such is beautiful nature wise.

PS: I have been meaningto write everyday....but..

9. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi srama,
    Frankfort is the capital of KY and not florence.but indeed it is a beautiful place.very green and scenic.if you are talkign about florence then u must hav ebeen to the Florence Mall.

Bipasha

10. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hey ,
    For all those who want to know more abt KY,

1) Cumberland GAP-The gap, an 800 ft. deep natural break in the Cumberland Mountains, is surrounded by the largest National Historical Park in the country with 20,305 ruggedly beautiful acres. Overlooks three states
    For more details see Cumberland Gap National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service)

2)Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Site-http://www.nps.gov/abli

3)Churchill Downs - Louisville
    Churchill Downs is a historic race track that is home to the Kentucky Derby. The Kentucky Derby Museum is the world’s largest equine museum. Visitors can take guided walking tours of Churchill Downs and the Museum's paddock area (weather permitting). The actual Finish Line pole used at Churchill Downs for many years, as well as the grave sites of three famous Kentucky Derby winners, Carry Back (1961), Swaps (1955) and Brokers Tip (1933) are located outside on the museum grounds.

Churchill Downs

Bipasha