Indians in Coimbatore - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Coimbatore' started by Induslady, Mar 20, 2007.

1. indsunusdar

indsunusdar New IL'ite

dear madam:

i am looking for a bungalow/separete house near porur which has got a common kitchen(like vrindawan seniorcitizen home at vedavli) can any body help me .
    the plot should have a appreciated value . ty

2. indsunusdar

indsunusdar New IL'ite

i will tell about the life in SENIOR CITIZEN HOME AT VRINTAVAN AT VEDVELI IE NEAR QUHAN GARDENS.

MR MADHAVAN IS A SUPERUP MAN WHO MAINTAIN THE PROPERTY NICELY.

THERE ARE 54 INMATES WHO STAY IN A JHOUSE WITH ALL FACCILITIESComputer Typing
    ONE OF THE INMATE AGE IS 81 WITH HIS WIFE AND HIS SON AND D.I.LAW
    WELL MAINTAINED GARDEN . WALKING OUT DOOR NEAR MARUTHA MALAI

THE PEACOCK COMES IN GROUPS IN THE MORNING ANDF EVENING AND ONE COULD HEAR THEIR SOUNDS./CRY .

ALL INMATES GET UP EARLY HAVE THEIR COFFE AT 5.40 OR SO AND STATARED WALKING AND COME THEIR HOME

TAKE BATH DRESS UP
    AND ATTEND THE TEMBLE (KRISHNA IDOL) POOJA ,

THE ARCHAKAR IS FROM MATHUR(KARNATAKA. )
    WHO WAS TRAINED BY AVATHANI (SASTRICAL)IN SRIENGIRI
    - H.H. SANKARACHARAYA OF SRINGIRI .

ALL CHANT THE SOLOKAS . WHERE IN MR MATHAVAN ALWAYS THERE WITH IS BIL MR PARTHA SARATHY -- REALLY HE IS DRIVING THE CHART-CAR.

AND THEY GO FOR A BREAKFAST. AFTER THE BREAKFAST WITH COFFE ALL MEMBER CHIT CHAT WITH SMILES IN THEIR FACES. AND GO THEIR HOUSE

AGAIN AT 12.45 THEY ASSEMBLE TO HAVE A GOOD LUNCH PREPARED BY EHE EMPLOYEE APPIONTED BY OWNER MR MADHAVAN

AFTER THAT EVERY BODY CHAT AND GO TO THEIR PLACE

AGAIN ALL COMES TO IN EVENING TO HAVE A COFFE:coffee

MR NARAYANAN WITH SOME LADY MEMBERS INCLUDING MRS. MADAHAVAN
    ALWAYS THERE IN HELPING TO GIVE A COFFE OR SERVE WITH THE PERSONS APPIONTED BY THE COMMITTEE.

THEN ALL GO IN GROUP FOR EVENING WALK OUTSIDE THE COMPLEX WHERE A TAR ROAD IS NICELY MADE BY THE ?

AND COME THEIR HOME
    REFRESH AND COME
    FOR A DINNER AT NIGHT
    AFTER DINNER EVERY CHAT EACH OTHER.
    AND THEY GO HOME TO TAKE REST .

A COMMON KITCHEN IS WELL MAINTAINED . I HAPPENED TO GO IN THE SUMMER VACATION.. I WAS STAYING WITH MY BROTHERIN LAW MR. VAIDYANATHNAN ( RAMARAMAJAYAM) . MR PARVATHANATHAN CHANT THE VEDAS. AT HOME AND THE TEMPLE.

ON THE WHOLE NO BODY WILL SAY IT IS HOME BUT HEVEN WHERE EVERYBODY HELP EACH OTHER AND TALK ALL ARE GOOD .

IT IS NOT HOME FOR ELDERS BUT ELDERS HAVE A GOOD COMPANY WHEREIN THEY LIVE HAPPILY.

3. vijikrishnan

vijikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Hello
    I am vijayalakshmi.
    i was born and brought up from Coimbatore. I lived at Vysialstreet and studied at Govt.Trainingschool at Rajastreet and then at Nirmala College. I settled at Chennai some 30 years back and now i am a chennities. Since my daughter grown up at my mothers place i was travelling from Chennai to Coimbatore like travelling from Ashoknagar to mambalam. Now my childrens grownup. My parents passed away. Eventhough I used to give a visit once in a year to Cbe to my brothers house and with my brothers daughters i wonder all the places.
    I read all the posts by KanakaRaghavan and Shobana and felt very happy that two friends were happened to meet over here.
    Shobana my son is residing at Kancas Overland Park and once i PM to you.
    I am happy reading the posts.
    Viji.

4. priya1986

priya1986 New IL'ite

Hi dears,

I m priya. I m working in pricol & studin Part time BE. :thumbsup

5. lalithavennkat

lalithavennkat Silver IL'ite

Hai Friends

Though I am in chennai now, my schooling, college , working spot etc. are in Coimbatore. I was in
    Saibaba colony, singanallur, Gandhipark,RS Puram, Cross cut road, Sivananda colony etc. I did my
    Maths graduation from Niramala College only. I was working in Indian Chamber of Commerce Building
    in Avanashi Road.

The Marudamalai Murugan, Kamakshi temple in RS Puram, Sarada Kovil in Race Course and Eechanary
    are unforgetable places for me.

What a lovely place is coimbatore? Even now I used to tell everyone that " Enga Coimbatore pola entha
    oorum ellai" . Nice Climate, Siruvani Water etc. I can keep on mentioning about CBE.

6. lalithavennkat

lalithavennkat Silver IL'ite

Dear Vijikrishna,

I am also a Nirmalite. Which year you did your graduation in Nirmala College?I completed my B.Sc graduation in the year 1977. Which batch you were and which is main subject. Anxious to know everything.

7. vijiananthu

vijiananthu Gold IL'ite

Hi All!

I just registered myself to this site. I am also from Coimbatore. I was born, brought-up, studied, worked in Chennai. I came to Coimbatore only after my marriage in 2005. Initially I did not like this place, because of the sudden change in culture, society, people etc. But slowly I started accepting the change...

I am working in MNC company here. I learnt Carnatic Vocal music in Chennai and I am still continuing here. My hobbies are Glass Painting, Hand Embroidery, Fashion Jewellery..

Thank you friends.

Viji

8. Gayathri Krishn

Gayathri Krishn New IL'ite

Hi Coimbatoreans,

I live in Erode ,but am a native of Coimbatore where I spent my very early childhood. I studied in Stanes High School in the early 1970's batch(1st ,2nd and 3rd standards). I can still remember my school days when I cried when mother left for home,the small CLS book shop that sold stationery,I.T.Joseph my maths teacher who called my elder sister who was three classes my senior and reported that I was very poor in maths ('you are good in maths ,why is your sister like this?') she had asked, the day I brought my first maths answer test paper home because nobody had asked me to hand it over and I was asked to repeat the test and the days I spent mooning over the class window at my house that was right opposite the school while the teacher droned on.... I can never forget my life in coimbatore and sometimes I wonder at the fate that had yet again brought me close to my native town.

Then we shifted to Bangalore and then to Chennai where I dutifully completed my education and got married and moved to Erode with hubs and my little one Vigneshwar who is two and a half years old and who insists on calling himself 'Vingepaal.'
    Strangely even my son can proclaim himself a native of CBE for he was born in Ramakrishna Hospital.

Gayathri Krishn

9. akilaa

akilaa New IL'ite

hi friends,
    i'm akila. born and brought up in cbe. now i'm in chennai, working Computer Typing.. i'll visit cbe fifteen days once..:banana.happy to get in touch wit u all..

with regards,
    akila:thankyou2:

10. veni_mohan75

veni_mohan75 Platinum IL'ite

Haaaaaaaaai Friends,

I'm Veni, born & bought up in Coimbatore. I am a home maker. Got married to a Coimbatorean, have a kid of 5 years.

I am very happy to see this forum.

:hiya:hiya:hiya:hiya:hiya:hiya:hiya:hiya

Ithu namma area. Vaanga oru Kallaku Kalakuvom.:cheers:cheers

Cheers,
    Veni Mohan

A Person's true character can be revealed by what he does when no one is watching