1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Burlington/Oakville/Hamilton in Ontario, Canada

Discussion in 'Indians in Toronto & vicinity' started by Induslady, Jul 3, 2007.

1. GituD

GituD New IL'ite

Hi,

My name is Gitu. I live with my husband and a 5yr old son.
    We are in our mid-thirties moved to Burlington around 3 yrs ago.

We live close to downtown and were too busy starting and setting up our new business (Beauty Spa). Realized time was running out and were not able to find and make friends around, coz don't see too many Indians around.

Just looking to make some new desi friends and have some fun.

2. GituD

GituD New IL'ite

Hi Anita,

My name is Gitu. I live with my husband and a 5yr old son.
    We live very close to downtown. We moved here around 3 yrs ago.

I see you moved to Burlington recently. Let me know if we could be of any help.

3. GituD

GituD New IL'ite

Re: Anyone from Burlington area?

Hi,

Did you move here???
    I have just joined this group, looking for new desi friends.

I live in Burlington with my husband and 5 yr old son.
    Keep in touch.

Regards
    Gitu

4. GituD

GituD New IL'ite

Hi,

My name is Gitu. We moved to Burlington around 3 yrs ago.Live with my husband and 5yr old son.
    Looking for some new desi friends.

Lets meet up.

Regards
    Gitu

5. Shyvids

Shyvids New IL'ite

Hi there, my name is vidya. I am originally from a city called Coimbatore in India. Have been in Burlington/ Oakville for 14 years now. Work in Mississauga and have two beautiful kids aged 12 and 13. Have interest in music and art and looking to make some new friends in this area. we can arrange to meet for a coffee if the turnaround is good. Stumbled through the website for the first time and wanted to say hello!

6. Shyvids

Shyvids New IL'ite

Hi there, my name is vidya. I am originally from a city called Coimbatore in India. Have been in Burlington/ Oakville for 14 years now. Work in Mississauga and have two beautiful kids aged 12 and 13. Have interest in music and art and looking to make some new friends in this area. we can arrange to meet for a coffee if the turnaround is good. Stumbled through the website for the first time and wanted to say hello!

7. VJk

VJk New IL'ite

Hello Vidya.. I am Vidya too from coimbatore. I live in burlington. Is there any Indian or Tamil association in burlington?

Shyvids likes this.
  8. Shyvids

Shyvids New IL'ite

Hi there,

Nice to meet another Vidya from cbe!

9. Shyvids

Shyvids New IL'ite

Vidya, the forum will not let me include me email address or phone number due to privacy reasons. How long have you been in Burlington? I used to live in Burlington for 11 years and then moved to Oakville. There is vishanov Devi temple on bronte road. I am not aware of any groups in particular in Burlington but there are some Tamil groups in Mississauga and Toronto. If you are interested in music arts there is the bharatiya kala mandram which conducts lot of music performances. Which school/ college did you go to? I am a PSG alumini and there is about 40 members in and around Toronto.

VJk likes this.
  10. VJk

VJk New IL'ite

Hello Vidya, I am in burlington for past 1 year. Earlier I used to live in Mississauga, Brampton and Montreal 2+ years each . Thanks for the info. I am interested in music I will check out. Vaishnov devi temple is very close to my place (10 minutes). I went to chinmaya and SBOA for school and college at Kumaraguru