Indians in America vs Indians in India...

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by anika987, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Well said @justanothergirl...

2. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Hah !! So true.. They made our lives fulfilling. I miss that life too... Miss the bhais, drivers, laundry wala, vegetable guy etc :) ..ha ha and the small talks that are exchanged..

1 person likes this.
  3. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

I hear you OP..

the way tamil movie's projects NRI...is really really irritating. Especially the NRI mappilai who is usually a joke!

Not everyone, but there are a few who equates everything to US lifestyle and dollars. There is also a deeply seeded thought that america and americans have no culture and you can have sex with anyone.

Anyone who attacks you for being a foreign return..are either ignorant or just plain jealous. Ignore them.. That is the best you can do.

Another lesson for you, even in online forums you cannot state wealth even as an example. That gets highlighted and few people jump all over it. I experienced this in IL once.

sindmani likes this.
  4. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Laks. Glad to hear from you. "Calm" Waali!!:rotflhehe...loved it. Yeah life here is boring and we miss the daily fun gossip, small talk and squabble with the maid and others.

1 person likes this.
  5. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

JAG, running daily chores is difficult in all part of the world. The problems may be different. Even in US, with the only two of us, it was difficult for me to cook, clean, work etc. Maybe it is my nature or what, i never can exaggerate problems, the way my friend was exaggerating the absence of maid. On top of it, they have misconceptions that life in US is very simple and easy, just because we don't have water, power, etc problems.

Sorry, i don't agree with going out of the house in a nighty. Wearing in home is ok for me but not outside. To me it is plain being lazy. It hardly takes a few minutes to switch in a kurti-jeans or a punjabi.