1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Alpharetta, GA

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by smartspider, Dec 21, 2007.

1. pinurk

pinurk New IL'ite

Hi
    I am coming to Alpharetta GA in August 2011.
    I would like to know about the Indian community , good apartments, Pre schools in the area.
    My husband is joinning At&T alpharetta Ga

so please, just help me out with the above queries....

Thank you...
    Pinu

2. sush99

sush99 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am happy to see so many Indians in Alpharetta

I just moved to Alphartetta 2 weeks back. We stay at Exit 11 Camden aptmnts.I work near Marrietta.

I Am looking for friends and would love to meet them.

Would like to hear from all.
    Thanks.
    Sushma

3. MoveToAlpha

MoveToAlpha New IL'ite

Hi, We are looking to move into Camden Deerfield or Addison's place as we are looking for 3 bedroom apartment. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or if you recommend any other similiar apartment in the area.

I would like to if there is any desi community in the area. We are moving from east coast and we are unable find good information from the web

Appreciate your help. Thanks

4. VNeelu

VNeelu New IL'ite

Hi,

Ditto here.....I have been doing a lot of research for apts....I found from one of my friend that addison's place is good with indian community and elementary school too.....but make sure as they are charging 100$ for internet and cable ( which is a mandatory and we need to take from them) hope this helps.....Let me know if you need more info...My husband will be working in downtown and we are planning to move before the school starts but not able to find anything....All the best with your search...

5. sush99

sush99 New IL'ite

@MovetoAlpha
    Hey...We stay at Camden Deerfield aptmtnts...we also moved recently to this place..coming to Camden aptmnts those r pretty comfortable I can say.....u can find lot of desis around tooo...and heard there r good schools around for children...HTH
    Let me know if u need any info...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  6. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

There are a lot of apartment complexes in and around Exit 11 (around Camden Deerfield). You have Preserve, Orion, Camden, etc. Just research which schools are near this area. I have heard mixed reviews about Preserve. I used to stay at Camden. It's pretty decent. Alpharetta as a whole is full of Indians so you don't really need to search specifically for a Indian community.

1 person likes this.
  7. MoveToAlpha

MoveToAlpha New IL'ite

Thank you so much for your reply.

We are unable to decide between
    1. Addison place( we are not sure if there are Indians in there.. when we visited we could not see any Indians... Can some one tell if there are Indians in Addison like other apratments around area).

2. Camden deerfield ( looks expensive , and less storage and closet space)

In between we are looking at
    3. Woodbridge apartments.. Please let us know if there is Indian community out there.I really liked the apt and schools are great
    4. Reserve at Johns creek walk ....Not sure if any indians live there.. little expensvive but beautiful..

I really appreciate your help as we need to make a decision asap.. I am sure Information you provide will be helpful to lot of Indians moving to that area

And how do I contact any one of you in this forum if I have any specific question?

Thanks for your help in advance

8. VNeelu

VNeelu New IL'ite

Hi ,
    We just moved to chelsea ridge apts 2 weeks back....I like the apt size but there are so many african american people which I didnt feel comfortable of.So we took 6 month lease and planning to move or buy a house. I heard Aylesbury Farms are very nice even quality of the apt and so many indians....If your kids go to different activities like Taekwando,Swimming, Enopi( Like Kumon) Tennis,Gymnastics and American dance classess these are a better choice , which I felt....All these are within 3-5 miles radius.....The school is very good school(wilson creek elementary) and the Free Pre K program is also in a near by preschool. There is a bank ,Hmart ,Bakery just walkable to it, these are a few to mention.....Saibaba temple is 15-20 mins from there. People going to downtown can get to the dunwoody or doraville station or chamblee station within 30-40 mins in traffic.....So this is what I found after I came here and in this 2 weeks....All the best with your search...let me know if any info is needed.Since it is summer the rents are high compared to winter ....Its almost 150-200$ more per month when compared to winter ,so we took 6 month lease .....Think about it....

9. MoveToAlpha

MoveToAlpha New IL'ite

Thanks VNeelu for your reply. We finally rented 2br in Aylesbury farms, we could not get 3 bedroom which we wanted.
    We chose this apartment due to school and Indians. I have read not so good reviews on the internet about this apartment but we will know how much of that is true when we move. Any one living in Aylesbury may be able to tell. We are moving in mid sept. Really appreciate if anyone living in aylesbury tell about the aprtment and neighborhood. Also looking for friends for my 5th grade daughter. Please let me know what are the good Indian stores around. Thanks so much in advance

10. VNeelu

VNeelu New IL'ite

very good.....I think most of the apts around here has something or other....You can go to suvidha indian store....its only 3-4 miles from your apt.....but dont buy snacks here....I heard they have stale foods( only snacks)....There is cherians 3 more miles from suvidha.....but didnt visit yet.....good luck with your move....we might meet somewhere.......there is a music teacher within 1 mile from your apt.