1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Alpharetta, GA

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by smartspider, Dec 21, 2007.

1. ramyabala

ramyabala New IL'ite

Re: Anyone in Alpharetta, GA

Actually the admission in the parkway(the one in state bridge) got closed two ,three months back...even in the pleasant hill church school...nope we know only very few families here yaar,and even I dont drive...Where was your elder gng previously?You said she is 5 yrs right?

2. sudha030

sudha030 New IL'ite

she is 5yrs and will be going to kindergarden this fall . So what do you do the rest of the day . Meaning like if you want to go out how do you go out ! I exactly know where you live . WHat does your 6yrs daughter do . Maybe they can get together . I did call the church and if i am lucky i will be able to squeeze her in . Really trying my best .
    How will you manage your son meaning to bring him back . YOu know what we need this facility so much in US . For working my and staying home mom .
    What is your daughter doing for spring break ?

3. ramyabala

ramyabala New IL'ite

I have only one son yaar...shud try to get my license before he gets into school...You know ppl have mental block towards few things and in my case its driving...My hubby works only in macys(FSG),the next building to avonlea :).I am busy with my business yaar during daytime.

4. indialife

indialife Senior IL'ite

Hi ramya and sudha,

Long time no talk. Just touch basing with u. How r u ? We r planning to move on the weekend of April 18. I need to get the kids settled before the school closes for summer vacation. Do u know of any other good preschool there where I can get my little one registered. She is 2 right now. Also does any one of u knows about swimming classes.

Thanks

Seema

5. sudha030

sudha030 New IL'ite

hi seema ,

nice to hear from you too , which are you going to move to . I was chating with ramya too she leaves very close to were i live , were do you live . I am planning to put my daughter in swimming classes to at present i am shopping for that . There is a new club opened very close to my house and ramya is also put her son in swimming classes need to get address from her so i can find out that too .
    How many kids do you have ? and what are they girl and boy

Sudha

6. sudha030

sudha030 New IL'ite

hi
    ramya can you please let me know the address where you take your son for swimming . I will really really appreciate that

thanks
    Sudha

7. ramyabala

ramyabala New IL'ite

Hi seema and sudha,
    Sorry for the delayed reply!!!
    Sudha,the American sportsplex is just the next building to Biglots and the address is
    122 Proctor Square
    Duluth, GA 30096

And the instructor name is Scott and will send u his contact no by tmrw(It's with my hubby)...They are charging $200 for 8 hrs class and $25 for registration.

And what is the club you are talking about?

Seema,
    Where are you moving?Found apt or not?
    Do keep in touch...Do you have friends here already?Please be free to ask us,if we could help you anyways...

8. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Venu, Ramya, Seema and Sudha,

Welcome to Alpharetta (and Duluth ofcourse) :)!! I live near exit 11 in Alpha but have stayed in Duluth also a few years back for a year. So am familiar with both areas...

Sorry for my tardy welcome and reply. I was in India for a month long vacation and have returned only recently...and am Drowning in office work...but hopefully will soon be like this Computer Typing...:)

Great to know about all your lil ones...I too have a 18 month old daughter...she goes to a day care near my office...

Seema: My kid's daycare facility has a preschool class also..I don't know if you would be interested..they are called North Point Prep...and are in Alpharetta (exit 8)...I'm pretty happy with them so far.

About swimming classes, YMCA also has those in the summer. Maybe you gals might want to check them out too.

Ramya: Why don't you take a few driving lessons? I did those in the beginning to get rid of my fear...and believe me it worked. :)

Oh, its so good to see so many more ladies in the Alpharetta area...:yes:

What do you all do in your spare time?

Would love to connect with all of you...

love,
    Aarushi

1 person likes this.
  9. indialife

indialife Senior IL'ite

Hi aarushi,

Thanks so much for the preschool info. How was the India trip? Was this the first one with your daughter?

Seema

10. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Seema,

Yup! This was my daughter's first trip to India and boy, did she enjoy it!!:-D

She looooved all the cows, dogs, monkeys (in temples) and sundry animal life she saw on the Indian roads along with all the autos, rickshaws, cycles, noise, blaring horns etc etc...:)

love,
    Aarushi

1 person likes this.