Indians from Melbourne? Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by loveshack, Jun 19, 2007.

1. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Cool...You live quite close to my place...walking distance!!!!!!!!!!

2. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

hi sumathy ma'am,
    im staying in glen waverley too.is your house near the "highvale secondary college"?im staying near there.
    hope to hear from you.

regards,
    suhan

3. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Hello Suhan,

Welcome to IL. Nice to meet another member living in the SE suburbs

Cheers,

Corallux

4. sky98

sky98 New IL'ite

Hi Suhan
    Glad to hear someone living so closeby. I live corner highbury road and Rampart avenue, near Camelot Rise Primary school. We are walking distance away.
    Cheers
    Sumathy

5. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

G'day ladies,

Nice to know so many people living in the SE suburbs:clap.

Please do not give out personal info like place of residence, contact numbers etc on an open forum. It is for your own safety.

PM one another if you feel comfy giving out info.

Have a nice day!:thumbsup

Corallux

6. deepasri

deepasri New IL'ite

Hi

Iam Deepa from India. Planning to move Melbourn in the month of May. My husband is a S/W engineer. We need accommodation and also at the same time we need to look out for a job. I would like to know the rents for a single bedroom , Kitchen, Hall flat or a house cost per month and how r the job opportunities in S/W and also odd jobs let me know. That info might be usefull to us before we emigrate to Melbourn.

Thanks
    Deepa

7. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

G'day Deepasri,

Good on you for your decision to move to Melb.

You will love the city of "4 seasons in a day".

As for info, Just got through this forum where I have given various websites that may be useful to you.

Do not hesitate to ask any doubts.

Regards,

Corallux

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
    Chikkilu likes this.
  8. capthari

capthari New IL'ite

Greetings to All,

This is my first post. Not really sure how apt this forum would be for this query of mine, but hoping for a helpful responce.

It's been quite some time me and my wife have been contemplating on immigrating to Australia. While i come from the training and development line of career, my wife is a software professional, both of us are currently performing managerial roles at Infosys and Wipro Technologies respectively, in India.

Though with flouring careers, we have not been kind of vey happy and comfortable, primarily owing to the fast paced life and the 'concreet jungle' most of the indian cities have tranformed into. Probably this coupled with a very positive impression about Australia, the life style, geography, climate etc. have been the reasons behind the thought of immigrating to Australia.

Would be very helpful if you can lend me your perspectives out of first hand exp as to all the reasons someone would want to immigrate to Australia and also those reasons that needs a real hard look at, before finally embarking on the immigration process.

Awaiting for your helpful insights.

Thanks and regards

Hari

9. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

G'day Hari,

Every decision has it's pros & cons.You should be able to judge for yourself.

You have answerd your own question when you said you do not have a Happy and comfy life in India.

Mleb offers a happy balance of work & relaxation.

Hari I know how you & ur wife feel. My hubby worked as a Mgr in an MNC. Good pay all creature conforts but no life. I saw my hubby once a week.

Hari, reasons will be many. What you & your wife need to do is sit down & have a frank talk regarding migration.

The questions that pop up will be easily answered.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Corallux

10. loveshack

loveshack New IL'ite

Hi there!
    I think people generally migrate to Aus for its lifestyle,that of a developed country.Beware that it can get quite lonely if you don't have any family here!
    Life here is quite peaceful,and you don't have to worry about the "small things" like in India.People are generally friendly,and you won't feel very out of place.However,relations between neighbours are to a certain limit,which I think is happening in India as well.By the way,not many Indians here,unlike the U.S. and Gulf countries.Most Indians are concentrated in certain areas.

The cost of living in Aus is very high,and salaries especially in the IT sector are not on par with that in India.Take a look at the various job sites like SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site and Jobs, Employment & Careers @ My Career
    Public transport is good only in certain parts of the city (buses,trains and trams ),most people rely on cars,and keep complaining about rising fuel prices as well !Big Laugh
    For families migrating here,there are no schools with Indian syllabus (as far as I know) and they'll frequently doubt whether their kids will ever know Indian values and stuff.....
    People used to the noise and festivities in India will find this place really quiet! But it's still a good place to be in!
    Anyway,there are lots of sites with info on life in Melbourne.Take a look!
    Good luck.