Indian Schools In Qatar

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by soann, Nov 18, 2013.

1. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

How much is the fees?? I cant able to open the website.

2. hem2sri

hem2sri New IL'ite

Dear Friends, My Husband has just joined his new firm in Doha and the RP is expected within August. We have twin children studying in Grade 1 in AbuDhabi. My hubbys is going around all schools only to be told that without an RP for the children admission will not be given. Besides many schools do not have vacancies. We are very anxious. Please help with a shortlist of schools with better chances of landing two seats. Another question: Will Doha Indian schools accept children from other streams such as Montessori or Matriculation in CBSE stream? Please reply

3. Sangeeshiv

Sangeeshiv New IL'ite

Hello Friends

I am also sailing in the same boat, My husband is cuurently in Doha and we are expected to join him during second week of August. Our accomdaytion is near Gharaffa , need your advice about Indian Schools near that area , I am looking for KG1 admission for my kid.

Please help me ladies.

Thanks & Regards
    Sangeetha

4. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Hi

Any feedback on Shantiniketan or Bhavans doha?? Also can anyone please tell me if abhinaya dance classes at wakra is good?

5. Vanilasky

Vanilasky Silver IL'ite

Hi,

my my son is studying in in bhavans wakra. What to say the school is not at all good. There is no discipline and most of the teachers are not dedicated at all. I would like to change the school now. we are looking for admission in Bps there's not much hope. Does anybody knew abt noble international school. Reviews plss

6. shweta2901

shweta2901 New IL'ite

i second vanilasky, bhavans is really not good, my daughter studied there.. absolutely indisciplined group, plus no one communicates in english (or hindi) just malyali. I have no issues with malyali, but at least students should be encouraged to speak in english...

most importantly, the classes, partitioned with gypsum partitions, yes, and ac's not working properly...

dont want my child to study in a school which we would otherwise call muncipal school back in India

planning to change
    may be olive or rajagiri, noble seems to be another option..lets c what happens finally..

1 person likes this.
  7. Vanilasky

Vanilasky Silver IL'ite

Hi shweta 2901,

even though am a malayali i can't tolerate the teachers and non teaching staff speaking malayalam with students. For ptm even if we speak eng to teachers they will giv reply only in malayalam. They don't know how to co ordinate any of the programme. The teachers don't have any control over the students. When ever I enter the school I feel like am entering a local market bk in kerala. I knew many North indian families and they are saying that during ptm the teachers will tell the progress of the child in detail only to the keralite parents. Language probs , lack of discipline and co ordination in conducting any of the programme are few of their demerits as a school. Bhavans in kerala is a very respected school in Kerala. That's y I had sought admission for my son 2 yrs bk. I want my child to study in a well disciplined school. As I have shifted to Abu hamour bps is my first choice and then noble.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  8. nivi0411

nivi0411 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vanilasky,
    Even I heard bad reviews about Bhavans school.
    Have you applied in DMIS? its also in Abu Hamour. And regarding BPS, I think it would be difficult to get admission there. I heard that they don't have any seats for any of the classes (even KG1!!!!). :(
    Btw, am also a malayali..

9. Sameenah

Sameenah New IL'ite

Hi,

I am relocating to Doha with my two kids next month. My son is in Grade 4 and the year is almost closing. I am worried if its possible for him to get admissions in schools in Doha for current year. Can anyone please suggest?

10. nivi0411

nivi0411 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sameenah,

Unlike India, the academic year starts in April here. so getting admission for the academic year 2014-15 would be almost impossible because this academic year is going to end in 3 months (March).
    Admissions for the academic year 2015-16 is already in progress in most of the Indian schools now. I think it would be better if your son completes his Grade 4 in India itself and then try for Grade 5 admission here in Doha. But that too has to be done at the earliest here because getting admission in Indian schools here is a big hurdle now a days. Some of the schools like BPS, DPS have said that they don't have any seats for any grades. And some new schools like Rajagiri, Loyola, Olive has only till Grade 3. You can check with Pearl school where admission for next year is in progress now. Some other schools are Ideal Indian school, MES, Shantiniketan...
    You may ask your husband (hope he is already in Doha now) to first check with all the schools here before you and your kids relocate to Doha.