Indian Schools in Abu Dhabi-Help Please

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by vdts2010, Jul 21, 2010.

1. vdts2010

vdts2010 New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and looks like some exciting place to be at. Lots of activities indeed. I was wondering if I anyone can help me with regards to schools in Abu Dhabi. My husband has secured a job in AD and we are relocating to Abu Dhabi soon. I have a nursery going son and want to know about the schooling etc there.

I wish to know which are reputed Indian schools in AD and how easy or difficult it is to get an admission at this point in time. I have read some reports that there is a long waiting list for admission in AD Indian School. Do we have similar situation everywhere?

Also we need to decide about accommodation and any help will indeed be very welcome. I appreciate schooling and housing is interrelated and any help shall be highly appreciated.

Please respond as early as possible.

Thanks.

Kind Regards
    Vidya

2. prenit

prenit New IL'ite

Hi vidya
    I am also from Delhi,shifted here just 2and half months back.When are u planning to shift here n at which place ur husband's office would b.
    These days here summer vaccations are going on,schools will b reopening in sept.I think by then u will shift.
    Regards
    Prenit

3. vdts2010

vdts2010 New IL'ite

Hi Prenit

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, you guessed it right it would be sept as my Husband is yet to get his visa. How much time did it take to process your family visa after your husband arrived in AD-I am assuming you are married and your husband works. Do you have kids?

My Husband office is most likely to be located at Al Nasr street. I think the academic session starts in April. My son would need an admission and do you know of any good schools there. I guess we might be living at Khalifa city A although nothing is decided as yet. Anything you would like to suggest. Where do you live and what are the current rates in different areas please?

How hard is to get an admission in Nursery schools and any idea of the fees. I know I am asking too many questions but would be really very helpful if you could guide us. Thanks and I am sure I can learn a lot from your experience. Forgive me if it sound like a brain dump.

Regards
    Vidya

4. prenit

prenit New IL'ite

Hi Vidya
    You guessed it right i am married n have a daughter of 3 yrs.
    I don think admission here r tough because we went to 2-3 schools here they haven't said anything like that just they want the child should b of 3yrs on 31st of march.We live in Musaffah sec 9 Khalifa city A is developing area it is yet to develop.There are not much schools in that area as i have heard n child has to come to musaffah.
    It takes around 1-2 months once ur husband shifts here for ur Visa.
    And abut the rent u can get a good 2 bhk flat in that range.
    U r most welcome to ask any question.I know abt ur state of mind must b having so many ques.
    Bye,Takecare
    Regards
    Prenit