Indian School in KL

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares' started by Lilac123, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Lilac123

Lilac123 New IL'ite

Does anyone know of the Indian schools in KL, Malaysia? I have just heard of Global Indian School. Is that the only Indian school there? Is it good? Anyone's child studying there? Do they teach HIndi there? Also how is the life in KL for an Indian? Thank you :)

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Indian Schools in KL

Yes, this is the only Indian School with Indian Syllabus. Sorry, I don't know other details. Did you try the schools website for details?

3. Lilac123

Lilac123 New IL'ite

Thank you for replying...you are the only one who has replied :)

4. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hope you find all useful information. Will let you know the details if i know any and to your other question, life in kl is good and comfortable for indian style

5. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

The only Indian school is GIIS offering CBSE curriculum, it is situated in brickfields the now called Little India.....the area is extremly shopcentric n the reason why i did not enroll my child is there is very little space to conduct any activity ....they do not have their own pool n playground......but if u r keen on curriculum then i guess this is the only n best option.....there is no other school offering indian curriculum, also for an expat it is a compulsion to enroll in international school so if there is a keen desire for indian curriculum then this is the only choice in KL

There are plenty of other schools.....indian's r in abundance here infact they r one of the race here other than chinese n malay, but sad to say u wont fine much in common with them as they have become local's n their interaction with india is almost negligible or related to stories of their grandparents being an indian.

Most locals here prefer being identified as malaysian's even if they r indians their outlook towards u might not meet ur expectations, nonetheless they r a friendly lot n preethi n jas whom i met thru IL r amazing ppl :thumbsup

Sonu

6. Stellarmoni

Stellarmoni New IL'ite

Hi,

Yes I checked in GIIS school and they do have Hindi subject since I am also from Delhi planning to put my kids in this school but after checking the fee structure I feel it is very costly.

Cheers!