Indian School in ABudhabi

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by Himmani, May 4, 2010.

1. Himmani

Himmani New IL'ite

Hi,

I saw the website and i am quite impressed with all of you who spare so much time to help out each other. :)

I am an indian and moving to Abudhabi in 1 1/2 month's time would seek advise on the following;

1 Good Indian school for my only son ( 5 years old)
    2. Which class he will join there as in india he is going to class Prep ( Below class 1) in a prime school of delhi.
    3. What are the fees structure? do they take donations?
    4. How easy / difficult it is to get an admission in class prep / class 1.
    4. How much a good 2 BHK flat cost for rent in a good locality.
    5. Are there good music / dance classes and Abacus / Brain o Brain classes in ABudhabi.

Thanking you all in advance for ur suggestions.

Regards

2. mole

mole New IL'ite

School admission in very difficult in abudhabi
    here new accademic year start on april.
    for two bedroom rent is 140 dhs (one year)

Arabic is complusary here on 1std onwards.
    abacus , music institute, all facilities are avaliable

i

I saw the website and i am quite impressed with all of you who spare so much time to help out each other. :)

I am an indian and moving to Abudhabi in 1 1/2 month's time would seek advise on the following;

1 Good Indian school for my only son ( 5 years old)
    2. Which class he will join there as in india he is going to class Prep ( Below class 1) in a prime school of delhi.
    3. What are the fees structure? do they take donations?
    4. How easy / difficult it is to get an admission in class prep / class 1.
    4. How much a good 2 BHK flat cost for rent in a good locality.
    5. Are there good music / dance classes and Abacus / Brain o Brain classes in ABudhabi.

Thanking you all in advance for ur suggestions.

Regards[/QUOTE]

3. Himmani

Himmani New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks Mole for your inputs , i would like to know what areas are good and popular among indians to stay in abudhabi?

Is arabic compulsary even in indian schools?

Thanks

4. nandinibabu

nandinibabu Bronze IL'ite

Hi Himmani,

welcome to Indusladies..yes its compulsory to learn arabic even in indian schools also..but they will teach them very simple, don't afraid about that..since your son is also 5 years old, you can join him in KG2 that is UKG,what we used to call in india..you can try seats in ABudhabi indian school, one of the good school in abudhabi..fees structure also very very cheap there compared to other villa schools..regarding rents now the 2BHK has come down to 130AED per annum inside the city..and in out side(mussaffa) now it is 85AED pa..here only UCMAS classes are available..once you come here you will get an idea..hope it helps you..
    and also go thru this thread that has the discussions about good schools in abudhabi.. http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indians-in-abu-dhabi/45581-best-cbse-school-in-abudhabi.html

if you didn't get any admissions in all these schools,finally you can give a try at wisdom high school, there is a chance to get seat easily..once you get seat in any of those good schools, you change the school imm..

5. ranjuz

ranjuz Senior IL'ite

Hi Himami,
    Welcome to IL also Abu Dhabi..
    I would just like to add to what written earlier..
    I dont know whether u hv taken it correctly reg rent. It is 130000-140000Dhs per yr for a 2BHK flat.
    Reg school, no donation here as far as I know. Fees depends upon the school.
    Residential areas where Indians r there is whole Abu Dhabi to say correctly, still Hamdan, Khaleefa St, Electra, Airport Rd etc. r good.
    We all r here, dont worry.

ranjuz

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  6. september

september Bronze IL'ite

regarding schools .......... its really not easy to get inot any school here in abu dhabi.
    seats in abu dhabi indian school are in great demand so even if luck favours its difficult to get into that school , but i think there is a lottery system to select students at the beginning of every academic year ...

then , yes wisdom school and its sister school emirates future international academy (this is in musaffah , 50 km from the city ) may provide admission .

from the next academic year most of the villa schools will be closed down , due to safety reasons , resulting in more students looking for seats in schools .

7. Himmani

Himmani New IL'ite

Hi thanks a ton to all of you, for helping me out.

Can you please suggest what are the good and popular apartments for Indians in ABudhabi? We are looking for furnished( preffered) or nonfurnished will also do.

Any one from DELHI or NCR?

8. Himmani

Himmani New IL'ite

Hi Nandini,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Could you please advise me what are best and most polular apartments in abudhabi ( prefferably inside the city) we need to finalize on it ASAP.

I am surprised ot know generally these apartments dont have any play area in and around for kids.

can u please advise me on this?

reagrds
    Himmani

[
    QUOTE=nandinibabu;1214603]Hi Himmani,

welcome to Indusladies..yes its compulsory to learn arabic even in indian schools also..but they will teach them very simple, don't afraid about that..since your son is also 5 years old, you can join him in KG2 that is UKG,what we used to call in india..you can try seats in ABudhabi indian school, one of the good school in abudhabi..fees structure also very very cheap there compared to other villa schools..regarding rents now the 2BHK has come down to 130AED per annum inside the city..and in out side(mussaffa) now it is 85AED pa..here only UCMAS classes are available..once you come here you will get an idea..hope it helps you..
    and also go thru this thread that has the discussions about good schools in abudhabi.. http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indians-in-abu-dhabi/45581-best-cbse-school-in-abudhabi.html

if you didn't get any admissions in all these schools,finally you can give a try at wisdom high school, there is a chance to get seat easily..once you get seat in any of those good schools, you change the school imm..[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2010
  9. SameeraAnas

SameeraAnas New IL'ite

hai,
    i'm using this site for the first time... thanks to all ppl out there who are helping othrs with their problems..
    this is an old post showing delimma of parents as to which school to sent their children. can i know whether these parents got an admission and to which school. this is bcoz i'm a mother who couldnt find admission for my kids this year into a CBSE school.
    Regards,
    sameera.

10. trijamr

trijamr Junior IL'ite

Hi all..
    I am new to this IL, but I have been reading through all the posts regarding indian schools here in abu dhabi...true admissions r gettin so tougher ...my kids are in leens right now..but i think they r closing dwn nxt yr...I was pretty happy with the teaching quality there...but unfortunately no option...dnt knw where to get admission nxt year...that too i need admissions to kg1 and 1st standard..since most people are shifting now to mussafah..everybody is rushing to sunrise school..i would like admissions to st.josephs but heard its very tight there even for catholics..any idea when the admission for next year will start...I hope govt gives leens some consideration..
    Also anyone has any idea if there r any institutes in abu dhabi teaching glass painting and embroidery works..