Indian Passport renewal in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by sathyamvasu, Feb 3, 2012.

1. sathyamvasu

sathyamvasu New IL'ite

Hi,

My passport is getting expired in April month. I have seen the websites and seems the procedure takes about 4 to 8 weeks. Has anyone renewed the Indian passport in Australia. Normally what is the renewal time.

Also in my case, my current passport holds a chennai address. Now my in-laws have shifted from chennai to Bangalore after I moved to Melbourne. However I do not now have a bangalore address.

1. Can I still renew my passport with the existing chennai address and after I move to India, can I do my change of address to Bangalore?
    2. Should we have to provide any Indian address proofs? If not then Can I provide my Indian address as Bangalore address while doing my renewal?

Any advice would be of great help.

Thanks,
    Sathya

2. lifeisajourney

lifeisajourney Silver IL'ite

hi sathyam vasu

i renewed my passport here in melb went to vfs and got it done actually they said it takes upto 8 weeks but i got mine in 4 weeks,also i changed my surname and i gave the present adrress in melbourne as my address i think actually the address is for correspondence i do have two adresses in india one is my parents place which is on my previous passport and the other is my in laws but i kept my melbourne address and it was alright you can give a call to vfs anyways and they will provide all the needed info

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  3. jeyasutha

jeyasutha Silver IL'ite

Hi sathya,u can directly go to the vfs to renew ur passport.they only ask u for the current address proof and ur old passport.if u wish u can give ur Melbourne address or ur chennai address as in ur current passport .they won't check whether ur family currently living on ur chennai address or not.

4. 2012nv

2012nv New IL'ite

Hi
    Really good tips posted here abt the Indian passport renewal in melbourne. The help is appreciated.I need some more info..with regards to this.My passport is getting expired in feb.so I am applying for the indian passport renewal in melbourne now.I guess it should be applied under fresh passport category.If there is any correction,please let me know.I am going to continue with the same old adress that is already printed in my adress,which is my parents adress.The only change i would like to make is my surname.Is the marriage certificate issued by indian govt. valid in this case?I heard we need to get a documnet from Justice of Peace from Victoria here.
    Any info regarding this would of great help.
    Thanks

Hi,

My passport is getting expired in April month. I have seen the websites and seems the procedure takes about 4 to 8 weeks. Has anyone renewed the Indian passport in Australia. Normally what is the renewal time.

Also in my case, my current passport holds a chennai address. Now my in-laws have shifted from chennai to Bangalore after I moved to Melbourne. However I do not now have a bangalore address.

1. Can I still renew my passport with the existing chennai address and after I move to India, can I do my change of address to Bangalore?
    2. Should we have to provide any Indian address proofs? If not then Can I provide my Indian address as Bangalore address while doing my renewal?

Any advice would be of great help.

Thanks,
    Sathya
    [/QUOTE]

5. Ripon

Ripon New IL'ite

Has anyone applied under lost or damaged category ? How long does it take ?