1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Marriages

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sunshine04, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

I am from an affluent family .
    Dont need anybody's money.
    I gave more importance to values, maybe lived in a cave all these years.
    What do you mean by salarymule??

SinghManisha and Amulet like this.
  2. Sunshine04

Btw there is nothing wrong in this existence. At least they are not smooching of somebody else's hard earned money

Amulet likes this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

It is figurative speech for being in a boring job, that seems meaningless, but one has to do it, because the salary helps to sustain life, and a wee bit of self-confidence in oneself.
    Imagine the video of a mule harnessed to an oil extractor press, going around and around with her head down.

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Precisely. That is why the life of a non-mooching NRI mum is not comparable to a wild-partying desi (who smooched under the influence, and spilled that in the forum -- a classic smooch-&-spill, also known as kiss-&-tell)

5. Sunshine04

It's not about NRI or desi..
    Maybe I am angry at myself for giving importance to values and messing my life.Need to enjoy my money more :cheer:

SinghManisha, yellowmango and Amulet like this.
  6. Sunshine04

Yep . Well said. Need to learn MANIPULATION. and PRETENCE.
    I will reread your post every day till I become an expert . Thank you.

Sweety2019 and yellowmango like this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

:thumbsup:
    Good for you. Like some of the previous posters had said, you must stand up, be strong, and not suffer idiots. Economic wherewithal is the key to all that.

yellowmango likes this.
  8. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Yupp..n please do enjoy ur money....money spent on self is the best spent.....learn to b selfish.....selfless is never appreciated by indian families.....that will b taken for granted...its like 'yes DIL's responsibility to respect and it has ti be done'. U falter a bit thy'l start shaming u....so darling start living for urself...spend that hard-earned money on u n ur dear self will appreciate that more...for the rest a "Mask" and loads n loads of "Manipulation" sweetened n served with a beautiful caring smile..

9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

If the ' values' are messing your life....then rethink these values dear.
    You have one life to live.

If you come from an affluent family...use it to your advantage . Make your family your support system.
    If you have money ...invest it wisely for your financial security.
    That will give you the confidence to live life on your terms .

SinghManisha and Sunshine04 like this.
  10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

The concept of marriage between two families is what messes up Indian marriages .It should be marriage between two people . The families are not married .

I think girls should make it clear before the marriage that her aim of marrying is not to be a good dil or bhabhi ....just to commit to a life partner and their children.

Good dil and good bhabhi are options that depend on other people too....so it cannot be guaranteed.

If they make this clear before marriage ,the expectations will be less and life will be easier.

I wish I had told my mil " I am not interested in the good dil award " politely and respectfully early on in marriage. Would have helped us both.

I remember my parents would call up and put unnecessary pressure on me to be the good bahu .They expected me to travel and attend every damn event at inlaws even if my husband could not attend due to work.This would often be conveyed to them by in laws when they met.

One fine day I told them " I am married to their son,not to them. I am more interested in staying with him and keeping him happy".
    That put an end to this nonsense from my parents .

I wonder... if I could say this to parents,why couldn't I say the same to in laws ...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019