Indian Mandirs(Temples) outside India

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by MrignayniBansal, May 13, 2008.

1. MrignayniBansal

MrignayniBansal Senior IL'ite

Hello Friends!

I came to US one year ago.As My husband is in consultancy.So we moved a lot for different different projects.In every new trip I visits temple for sure.

I saw many beautiful temples in US States but was yet to see the best of all the Sai Baba temples in the USA.

I found such temple finally at the city of Plano,Texas during our recent visit there. This temple is situated at 2109 W. Parker Road, Suite-212, Plano, Texas- 75023. This temple is extremely popular amongst Indians in Dallas and Fort Worth area.

This temple was started in the year 2001 through the donations collected from all the people, mainly Indians. The temple has been developed nicely since it's starting .

The main Sai Baba temple is situated at Shirdi in Maharashtra State in India. Sai Baba temples have been made all over the world during the last decade and the Indians staying in the USA in Texas area made this temple at Plano. This temple is having a vast area of around 5000 square feet and is fully air-conditioned. The temple opens at 7am in the morning for Arti.

2. PandeyKranti

PandeyKranti New IL'ite

Hi All,

Last month I was in Chicago for project.There I visited Temples.Nevertheless, it was a very interesting experience.I learned a ton from the visit, and the architecture was breathtaking.If you're setting up a tour, plan on spending about 2 hours at the temple,following will be your great choice.

1) Hindu Temple of Greater Chicago, located in Lemont, Ill., approximately 25 miles
    southwest of Chicago.

2) Swami Narayan Temple ,located in South 631 Milton Ave P.O. BOX 2081 Glen
    Ellyn, IL 60138.It is a very beautiful Mandir.It is a branch of famous AksharDhaam
    Temple in Delhi,India

3) Swami Vivekananda Society, situated5423 S. Hyde Park Blvd. Chicago, IL 60615.

There are many temples in Chicago.I visited above three.If anyone know about others then share it.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  3. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Re: Shirdi wale Sai Baba's Temple in US!!!

Hi there,

Hey... Thank u so much for the info, i am in plano though till now i was not aware of this Temple. i m looking forward to visit this Temple ....will let u know..

cheers
    vaidehi

4. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Hi mrignayni,
    I live in dallas,Texas. i visit saibaba temple which is in plano. usually i will go to temple on weekends, only once i went on thursday evening. the temple is filled with full of devotees and some will bring prasadam and food and it will take few hours especially on thursday evening but still you do not want to leave the temple soon. believe me, its very peaceful.
    after i got pregnant i did not get chance to go to temple, bcoz its almost 30 min to 45 min drive from my home. but recently i went there and there people reading sai charithra. It makes us very peaceful once you go in there.....

When i came to USA, i was very happy to see saibaba temple which is nearer to my home.
    Om sai ram.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  5. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Hey mrignayni ,
    I have heard that in california, a very big temple is being built for saibaba. and also i have seen some of the photos i guess. I wasn't sure was it in california? Is it so?

- Chitti.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

theres one in pittsburg too

7. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    There is one famous shirdi sai baba temple in Montebello,LA county..Recently they have brought real,life-like marble statue of baba and made kumbabhishekam just like any marble statue in shridi mandirs in India..

8. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

Re: Indian Mandirs(Temples) in Chicago!!!

Hi

I visited the famous

Balaji temple / Aurora temple,
    hindu mandir of lake county,
    gayathri mandir,
    shirdi sai temple in hampshire, IL
    Shirdi sai temple in Naperville, IL

you can get the address by google search.

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Hanuman Temple In West Indies A Visual

hai friends the tallest hanuman temple in west indies a visual..sunkan
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Re: Hanuman Temple In West Indies A Visual

Thank you so much for posting this. I lived in Trinidad for 6 years and the amount of devotion that the locals had and the love and respect for Indian culture and traditions was just mind-boggling!