Indian Ladies in Riyadh - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Riyadh Province' started by Induslady, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Mathu

Mathu Senior IL'ite

Re: Indians from Riyadh?

Hi Prasad,
    If u r a married man this is a nice place to live...You can actually spend a hell lot of time with the family.This is not a fascinating city but life is very relaxed here.

Anything else u need PM me.I am ready to help you out.

2. hotrumya

hotrumya New IL'ite

Re: Hi all

Hi Uma,

How are you ? I am in Riyadh . what do you do in free time.

Ramya

3. kuttimayil

kuttimayil New IL'ite

Re: Hi hotrumya!

how are you?

nowadays I'm busy with my 2 sons, who are on id holidays. so i'm browsing the net very rarely.

how u feel about saudi culture? After coming here, I see some indians are also changing their colours like saudis? don't u think so?

i get bored sometimes. what is special in riyadh? i wd like to visit during id. i heard some nice celebration wd be there when King visits.

uma.8)

1 person likes this.
  4. priyaa77

priyaa77 New IL'ite

Re: hai

Hi Jayasreee,

How are you ? when did you come to Riyadh ? Even I am new to Riyadh. I am also from chennai. Where do you live in Riyadh.

Priyaa

5. jayasree05

jayasree05 Senior IL'ite

hai priya
    i stay in nasim area, near indian school, i find life very boring here, no indians in my neighbour hood, i have a son who is studing in 6th , i find it very difficult to pass the time, where do u stay how do u pass the time, write about u
    love jayasree

6. priyaa77

priyaa77 New IL'ite

Hi Jayasree,

Did you find any friends so far ? Where all did you go ? How are you passing time?
    I am in Rawdah. You have yahoo id ? so that we can chat .

Priyaa

7. kuttimayil

kuttimayil New IL'ite

is it true?

Date: Monday, December 31, 2007

Category: Jobs Offered

Region: Riyadh ( RIYADH )

Description: Description:

Try not to go alone to the market in night. Must be a group of two to three.
    - Avoid carrying more cash than is needed for that round.
    - Never trust anyone saying that he is a policeman - even if he shows to you his ID card!! & even if he is wearing police uniform (you can trust him only if he is coming or driving a police car.

- In the beginning try to avoid violence , & do not obey his orders for showing your Eqama or wallet - if he becomes violent with you , please either you beat him or seek assistance from passer-by to beat him & hand him over to police.

REASONS:

There are at least 6 to 10 thefts daily in Wazarat area, Al-Batha District, Al-Malaz District and now in some place in Olaya and Sulaimania District here in Riyadh . This people are using un-registered gun and sharp objects, some of them are claiming that they are police officers & show their Arabic ID, which is not clear. They are also some incident now happening in Riyadh that this gangs will be offering you a free ride to your house and or ask some assistance to guide them where to go. Always lock your car doors especially if your are parking your car – grocery markets, shopping center or in some flea market places.

The police needs public help to catch these thieves, but the problem most people reported after they are already been robbed.

The above is police instructions - never obey anyone even if he is in uniform, unless he is driving a police car.

NOTE: Any incident – please report to your nearest Police Department or seek the help for any Police checkpoint. Try to use your Mobile Camera in order to catch this people and get their car plate number.

PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE TO YOUR FRIENDS, RELATIVES AND LOVE ONES WHO ARE WORKING IN SAUDI ARABIA TO SAVE LIFES.

A Public service from the Police Department and CID of Saudi Arabia , Riyadh .

i had this forwarded email in my mailbox. any idea whether the above is true?

uma.

8. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Uma,

I too got this forward msg...don't know if it is from the police dept.

But yes, we hear that we got to be careful nowadays as there is on and off theft going on in the areas mentioned.

Bye

9. Pras

Pras New IL'ite

Hello Sisters and Friends,

I am in Riyadh this month end. I am an IT professional.

Can someone advise me on the do's and donts at Riyadh ?

Regards,
    Prasad

10. shams

shams New IL'ite

Hai this is Shams 27 Male, Staying in Riyadh from 4.5 years ... actually i am from Hyderabad

anyone from Hyderabad here ??