Indian Ladies in Houston - Meet here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by Induslady, Jul 16, 2006.

1. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

hi Gals,

You need to check out rental homes? go to www.har.com You have the options to choose the type of home you want. If you have the idea of sub-letting (though illegal), this is the website.
    Of course, you know goolge maps. also there is www.zillow.com for checking the bird's eye view etc.

I live in Katy. Pretty decent place. Very good schools. I work near Galleria.

Regards,
    Sharada

2. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the info Sharadha and Abhi.. We pay arnd 700$ for 750 sq ft. Nice apt..

Is it actually possible to walk or take a dog out on the roads. In my area, there are no pavements. The speeds of vehicles is so high that the only way you can move around is with car..Even to the closest shops, u have to take out the car..

Is it the same at Katy or Yorktown etc ? When we went to pearland, I saw people jogging on the pavements. That s the only place I could people on the roads..

It s strange coz back in India the pedestrian population is so much, throughout the day..

3. Abeeb44

Abeeb44 New IL'ite

Hi Meenloch,

There will be pedestrian platforms in almost all the residential areas. I walk to the library, grocery, etc but its soooo hot these days....so I go out only after 6.30.

Abi

4. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

hi Meen,
    yes. definitely. inside my neighborhood, we have dog walk, gym, tot-lot, swimming pool etc.
    Katy is a newly developing area. we have parks, lakes, golf courses, pedestrians' walking paths, great schools etc.
    Check out Cinco Ranch Blvd in google earth or zillows.
    regards,
    Sharada

5. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Oh i didnt know...So it's like this only here..
    Anybody saw rush hour 3.. I am watching 1 and 2 now, will go to theatre and watch the third this weekend..
    Abhi, Sharada had suggested Entrprise Logic in previous threads.I mailed them, no response. Have you taken any course with them or elsewhere ?

Susi, got my curry leaves at an Indian store.. Have to check out Fiesta..
    Any fish enthusiasts here ? Not cooking, me a veggie...in rearing ?
    My husband loves fishes. So we have 3 betta fishes and a 20 gallon aquarium with 5 more fishes... To simply sit and watch them move is beautiful, especially male betta fishes, they have huge fins.

6. Abeeb44

Abeeb44 New IL'ite

Hi Meenloch,
    I havent seen rush hour 3. I have seen the other 2 . Loved 'em. Think I will watch it too this weekend :)

Wow u have an aquarium in ur house? Thats soo cool. How do u maintain it? I remember... we had a small fish tank in india a few yrs back and it needed so much work like constant cleaning and all that. U are right ....its so relaxing watching the fishes move..its almost like meditation isn 'it?

No I never contacted enterprise logic. I had an idea earlier when I came here to US to do SAP but now I am planning to go into my original line (tech writing).

What course are you planning to join?

Abi

7. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Abhi,
    PETSMART have nice fishes and other pets for adoption too. Husband cleans them on weekends. So no problems.

I look at them and cook or wash vessels. So relaxing as u said..

My career - I might apply for next fall MS. Not sure though. If job comes before, I might consider that too. Houston I feel is a big city with lots of opportunities. So not a problem, but H4ian period is too long :-(.. Is tht period over for u ?

Can we all plan a meetup sometime ?

8. Abeeb44

Abeeb44 New IL'ite

Hi

Hi meen,
    I'll check out petsmart sometime. Do you have a dog?

We have applied for our I-485. So waiting for my EAD but from what I hear this time its going to be a long wait. Yeah you are right ...h4 period is especially difficult after u have worked in india for a few yrs. I think we cant do anything except wait it out :)I dont feel so bad after moving to this new area coz there are lotsa inidans around and am able to walk and go places on my own.

Wow.....MS? Have you finished ur GRE?

Yeah we could arrange to meet sometime if everyones interested.

Abi

9. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Abi,
    Yes I have finshed GRE. TOEFL in week's time. Have to prepare..So kinda busy....
    I have to do some groundwork for shifting. If we dont get a better choice, we ll continue here. Shops and gym are close. 1960 road has everything we want..

I dont have a dog. But we ll have one in one or 2 years. My husband loves pets.. Dogs and cats especially. I prefer easily maintanable ones. Dogs, I am not sure :-(
    Petsmart has birds too. U may want to chk out. The betta fishes dont cost u much. they are 2 to 4$ and u can get bowls tooo for the same money. Trust me, they are just beautiful. Go for hardy fishes since u are a beginner. It seems Vj (my husband) used to leave them and come to india for 21 days vacation and all..And they survived, the tropical betta fishes..

And the meetup plan. I thought about it again. We ll see who are all interested and decide to meet on some weekend.

What plans for this long weekend ???

10. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

hi,
    I'd love to meet. But I already have plans for the long weekend and the week after. My husband is going to India. Lets plan to meet after 2 week of September.
    How about 15th September? May be lunch at Mayuri?
    Let me know.
    Regards,
    Sharada