Indian Ladies in Houston - Meet here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by Induslady, Jul 16, 2006.

1. REKHARAJ

REKHARAJ New IL'ite

Re: Houston Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

hi abi

Finally in sugarland..its been a week now ...trying to settle down

I came to US in 2005 after my marriage its been two yrs now...i drive but as u said driving here will be an adventure i guess:)..

Even i am tamilian which part of TN are u from?..i am bascially from tirunelveli but parents settled in chennai...

hi sushila and smudha welcome ...even i am in H4 ....i too keep myself busy by talking to friends, cooking, browsing i think we all sail in same boat:)....

keep in touch ladies

2. smadhu

smadhu New IL'ite

hi

Hi Janaki,

I am new to this site and just saw your post. We're looking for a baby sitter for our 3 months old baby boy - from June'07. We live in the medical center area, will it work for you, please let me know.

nice to meet you!
    smadhu

3. mk210106

mk210106 New IL'ite

Hi,
    A brief intoduction about myself
    -My name is Meenu Kapoor and I am a house wife.
    -I am at present on F2 status i.e. spouse of a student, my husband is presently pursuing MS in Maritime Management.I arrived here in Jan 2007 and before that was in Delhi working as Legal Manager, Dena Bank. I grew up in Amritsar and did my LLb and CS while I was in Amritsar
    I am at present located in Castine, Maine but will be shifting to Houston first week of June.
    -The purpose of joining this group is to interact with Indians in Houston and be in touch with the Indian community and develop Indian friend.
    Also, I would like to seek advise from the members of this group for apartmenti in North Nortwest region of Houston having more Indian resisdents and with regards to suggestion regarding locality which is safe and comfortable.

Thanks

Meenu Kapoor

4. mk210106

mk210106 New IL'ite

Hi,
    A brief intoduction about myself
    -My name is Meenu Kapoor and I am a house wife.
    -I am at present on F2 status i.e. spouse of a student, my husband is presently pursuing MS in Maritime Management.I arrived here in Jan 2007 and before that was in Delhi working as Legal Manager, Dena Bank. I grew up in Amritsar and did my LLb and CS while I was in Amritsar
    I am at present located in Castine, Maine but will be shifting to Houston first week of June.
    -The purpose of joining this group is to interact with Indians in Houston and be in touch with the Indian community and develop Indian friend.
    Also, I would like to seek advise from the members of this group for apartmenti in North Nortwest region of Houston having more Indian resisdents and with regards to suggestion regarding locality which is safe and comfortable.

Thanks

Meenu Kapoor

5. Abeeb44

Abeeb44 New IL'ite

Hi

Hi Rekha,
    How do u find Houston? Have u settled in Sugarland??

Abi

6. archana30

archana30 New IL'ite

Hello ladies in Houston!
    I just transferred to Houston with my hubby. As is normal, feeling quite lonely and sad at the moment as we dont know anyone to hang out with yet. If anyone is interested in organising a meet-up please let me know. I live close to the Galleria and work near there too. If anyone is interested in ideas please let me know. Always open for any cool ideas!

1 person likes this.
  7. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Hi sushi and Abi,
    I join the H4 club too. I am a tamilian brought up in delhi, that s for my background.

Spend time the same way. Gym, Library, Shopping for home, Meenakashi Temple, Malls ( Woodland and galleria) are the places I have been visiting. 45 days since I moved here. Every weekend we go to watch movies. This weekend it was bourne ultimatum.

A little immobile now. Dont have a car for myself, so at home. Cooking, chatting, Sleeping and reading books is my daily activity. When my husband gets back, we go on a drive.

Have to apply for MS, probably MIS. So starting to work on that.
    Sharada I was with Infosys and am from Mainframe background. Isnt SAP/ERP a completely different thing ?

Would love to meet everyone.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  8. Sushila

Sushila New IL'ite

Hi

Welcome to the club!!! Its really nice to meet u in IL ...
    Im a tamilian too...

Sushi

9. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

So we have

abi from yorktown
    Sharada from Katy
    Smadhu from houston medical centre area
    Sushila from Spring northwest houston
    Rekharaj from Sugarland
    Janaki Praveen from cypress grant road
    Runa Gandhi
    Meenu kapoor
    kalanarayan
    skomatreddy
    Vara from Louetta road ( You stay close to my place vara)

Once again hi everybody.
    I would like to know the places u can visit during the weekends. I have been to woodlands area, downtown aquarium, Science museum, galleria mall etc... Also we have been going for movies. Made two trips to meenakshi temple meanwhile.
    The choices are limited arent they ?

Where do you all go ?

10. Sushila

Sushila New IL'ite

Hi Meenloch

I live close to the Woodlands mall(15 min drive) so go there often, Market street is my favorite...its really nice to go for a evening walk, shopping there is great too.
    you can spend time in Bowling and miniature Golf too...
    other than that Galleria,meenakshi temple, Sawmi narayana temple(very beautiful)
    are the places we usually go.

Sushi