Indian ladies in Berkshire, UK

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by archanaanil, Nov 21, 2007.

1. archanaanil

archanaanil New IL'ite

Hey LAdies,

Longing to meet or talk to indians....Anyone staying in reading or in tht county...berkshire...let me know

Archana

3 people like this.

2. Preity

Preity New IL'ite

Hi,

Yes , I am from Berks. Where in Reading do you live? Have you just moved to Berkshire?

Love

Preity?

1 person likes this.
  3. archanaanil

archanaanil New IL'ite

Hi there,

Nice to see someone at last.Ya,ive moved recently to UK. Currently put up in reading. Dwelling in Southcote Road now....Where do u stay? Like to get acquainted....so when did u move to berks....I guess we can meet sometime..Stay in touch..

Bye,
    Archana

2 people like this.
  4. Preity

Preity New IL'ite

Hi Archana,

Ive been living in UK for the past 30 years but very much attached to the indian culture. I live near town centre. Its very cold at the moment.

I would'nt mind meeting up, just tierd up with few things.. so what do you do?

Love Preity

5. archanaanil

archanaanil New IL'ite

As of now nothing.As i told u ive just moved to this place.Looking out for job.wat do u do...Do uve kids mam....Thats quite a long time since u r staying here...Im so much buggedup with this place that im just longing to get back to India..But i guess we will be staying for sometime....Anyway....

Archana

6. Preity

Preity New IL'ite

Hi Archana,

Its sad to hear that your feeling low at the moment, what's weighing you down? what kind of a job are you looking for? Maybe I can be of some help?

There is a Indian community center which you can connect through the Mandir located quite near the Oracle in reading. There is always something going on there. And what about Henley, that's a nice place to go too? Windsor? London? what do you like doing?

About me, im not working at the moment I have some problems which I am trying to solve and sadly I have no children at the moment.

Yes there is no place India, but UK is'nt bad as well, seems like you are home sick but hey im sure things will be ok, stay happy.

P xx

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  7. archanaanil

archanaanil New IL'ite

Hi priety,

Nice to hear those soothing words from you..Not particular about any job though ive few years of experience in HR..hence trying in that and adjacent skill set..Im confident that sooner or later something will turnup..Till then for time being im trying to find out some odd job in one of those local stores..any suggestions? One more info needed..Are there any Indians owned n maintained beauty parlour in reading? If so i desperately need one for waxing n stuff.Can u advice me on the same please? Im not sure whether to ask you or not but u've been mentioning in all ur mails that u r in some problems. If you wish to share them with me u can do that anytime..

Ive been to windsor last saturday..but didnt visit inside (As the entry ticket was unafforable for me for the time being).So just an outside glance :) Ya...UK is uphcourse a nice place..so long as u've money in ur hand....i mean its quite expensive also.. But it has its own greenery n beuty for free...

Stay in touch..
    Archana

8. archanaanil

archanaanil New IL'ite

By the way wat time are you available online? Im usually there from 11 until 16 hrs... Let me know...

LOL
    Archana

9. Preity

Preity New IL'ite

Hi Archana,

There is nothing much to see in side the Castle so you didn't miss a great deal, so don't worry!!! Next time hey! Ummm.. ok about job's, if you want to work in a local store or so you need to contact that store directly to ask them if they have a vacancy.. In the oracle they have a lot of vacancies for this period as xmas is approaching.. and usually they offer good money... again you would need to approach the stores. The best thing about working in the store is flexibility of time...

HR is a good... do you have a permanent visa? working? or visitor? I'll have a better idea to suggest you realistically.

I suggested someone else about taking their CV to the local agencies who place you in office jobs.. Try Hay's - (this is near the Butt center near the Church.) and Select is on the broadstreet. These two are very good and never really failed to find me great job's. Speak to Emma, (Hays) she is very good..T: 0118 378 9920. You can leave your CV their and they do the hard work in finding a job for you.

Archana, it take's some time to settle down in the UK, specially when you come from a country which offer's women a lot more luxury. Here women have the same equality as men and once you start working you will enjoy having your own independence and meeting good people.

Yes, every place has it's pro's and con's - you see i cant adapt to the weather here- I hibernate every winter like a mouse.. I love the Indian weather and spirituality how i feel when im there. But on the other hand UK has a very systematic approach to life.. and thinking altogether.

India has come a long way in fact I love India but the systems lack's due to corruption and approaches and so does the mentality of some beings.... where are you from India?

Ok, you asked about beauty parlors, ummm as im low maintenance I hardly visit any parlors. I usually buy Wax and strips from Boots or Body shop and do a DYI job. But i know a woman who does this kind of stuff she is near the town center itself... Ill get a number for you. Southall has a lot of parlors that's for sure and Jalabies!!!

About me, well Achana, ill write a mail to you privately and tell you the problems im facing..

Keep positive, and happy always..

P xx

Time - im on 24/hrs lol you can catch me anytime.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  10. Preity

Preity New IL'ite

Hi Archana,

Sorry for the late reply. Ok, firstly, about racism in the UK. Well you can not completely rule out there isn't any but one should have their own attitude of strength as you have the right to be there.

Being a British Indian, personally I have never experience any racism myself and never seen any racism towards colleagues who come from abroad.

You need to have your own confidence to stand straight. Remember the employer will look at what you
    can offer to the role, they like team players not someone who is nervous and conscience about there skin colour.

As long as you fulfill your aim and objectives employers will love you.

And why should racism effect you? We Indian's have bought more culture in the UK then any other ethical minority.. 'The chick Tikka masla' is the best selling dish in UK...lol Britain has a mixed population: there are people of many different skin colors and religions living in the UK. Someone may have a French background, or Arabic, or Scottish...so dont think otherwise

Secondly you asked about places to visit.

Are you able to go to Paris? you can take the channel tunnel which is I think around 30pounds...

Try www.lastminute.com they have last min offers within budgets.. yes people have a lot of things to say but hey I believe you should do and experience things yourself let it be bad or good.. and any place together is always fun..

I hope this helps.. let me know what you decide

Love Pxx