Indian Ladies in Austin, Round Rock and in the Vicinity - Meet here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Austin' started by Induslady, Apr 11, 2005.

1. sssaustin

sssaustin Senior IL'ite

Hi Dhana,
    welcome to Austin..
    Which part of Austin do you live in..?

2. dhanasathesh

dhanasathesh New IL'ite

Hi

Hi,

I am Dhana, my husband and me moved to Austin two weeks back only, looking out to make some good friends. pls do get in touch with me.

Regards,
    Dhana Sathesh

3. newbee123

newbee123 New IL'ite

hi new to housing community in austin

hi
    i just moved from an apt to buying a place in austin nr Oconnor dr in round rock austin
    i cant seem to see any desi pl who live there i want to make friends , pls Pm me or respond to this post.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008
  4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Austin IL'ites,

Though there are new comers from Austin to the site, what happened to those old timers? I don't see many of you gals active here?

Rani, Chaitali, Deepa, Radhika, Vanita and all others, please take a look at this post about meeting up.

Shall we atleast this time? It will be fun to meet you all. Share your ideas and suggestions there.

Malathy

5. GeetaBalakrishnan

GeetaBalakrishnan New IL'ite

HI There. I too live in Round Rock. Unlike most of you, I am a retired person who just moved here with my husband to be near our son who lives in Austin. We still don't know many people here and I am new to not working so, anybody who wants to talk to me, please respond. I am not sure how we do that as none of us know each other's phone numbers and I don't know if it is ok to put our phoen numbers out there. Thanks. Geeta Balakrishnan:coffee

6. sssaustin

sssaustin Senior IL'ite

Thank You Indus ladies....I just got a new friend Dhana Satheesh..We have become so close within a short period of time......

7. GeetaBalakrishnan

GeetaBalakrishnan New IL'ite

Hello. I live in Round Rock, TX. Quite close to Austin and would love to contact others in the Austin area.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2008
  8. pillai

pillai New IL'ite

Hi Ladies ,
    nice to have found such a friendly online community.., i live in AUSTIN ,TX
    with my hubby and my one and half year old son..back home in bangalore i was a practising dentist ...now of course iam full time mom ..
    my hobbies include reading and painting .i would love to hear from other indus ladies ..can anyone suggest a good book to read?(my earlier reads include Alchemist, SEAGULL -RIchard Bach ,the man -irving wallace ,ayn rand's fountain head ,sidney sheldons novels ,jeffrey archer )...fiction ,non fiction..anything will do
    also right now i want to start learning yoga ...can any of you from austin help me find a good yoga teacher?
    be seeing you all every day!!
    warmly ,...pillai

9. dhanasathesh

dhanasathesh New IL'ite

Hai Pillai,

I recently got a detail about Raj Yoga Mediation from a community in Orkut. This Yoga is not a physical exercise, but for mental strength. The course is free only. They have a branch in Austin. The address is:

1823 River Crossing Circle, Unit C
    Austin TX

Phone: 1-512-695 5639
    E-mail: austin@us.bkwsu.org
    Web: www.bktexas.com

You can see the Web site for more branches in Texas.

With Best Regards,
    Dhana Sathesh

10. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Mrs.Geeta,

Good to have a senior person that too living in Round Rock amidst us. I can understand how you might be feeling not knowing many around. I'm sure by now you would have made some Indian friends in your neighborhood or through your's son's contacts in Austin.

Regarding posting personal contact info. like email / phone numbers etc. we generally do not advice to do it. Though our community is secure, members here are very friendly, there are lots of visitors coming to the site and that includes spammers too. They might try to spam you knowing the details.

Please post in the public forums introducing yourselves, talking about what you like to do, your interests, etc. and participate in the various forums here. Other members with similar interests will respond to you and you will definitely make lots of friends here. You can also exchange private messages and getting to know a member to an extent you may decide to exchange your contact number to them via private message. Check our FAQ - www.indusladies.com/faq on how to private message.

Look forward to your active participation in the forum.

Malathy