Indian Ladies in Abu Dhabi - meet here!

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Abu Dhabi' started by desertdiva, Jul 5, 2007.

1. pbd74

pbd74 New IL'ite

Re: Anyone from Abudhabi

Hi g3vinod
    This is Priya[ from Chennai] & I take classes in glass painting, reverse glass painting & artificial jewellery making. I stay in Hamdan, so if interested let me know.Bye

2. pbd74

pbd74 New IL'ite

Hi Friends
    I'm new to this forum but am very glad that I could find one like this where I could meet a lot of people. My name is Priya & I'm basically from Chennai.Basically I'm from Karnataka but born and brought up in Chennai. I have been in the UAE for almost 2 years & am yet to find very gud friends here. I stay in Hamdan & take classes in stained glass painting, reverse glass painting & artificial jewellery making.Hope I will be able to make lots n lots of new friends through this forum. Keep in touch by replying. Take care.

3. annapoorna_cs

annapoorna_cs New IL'ite

hi all,

iam new to this site and to abu dhabi.
    i have a son of 5 years old. can u suggest me good schools with CBSE curriculam. also anybody who is teaching western and cinematic dance here in abu dhabi?
    also classes of balavihar by chinmaya mission or bal vikas by sathy sai group?

4. sumisen

sumisen Senior IL'ite

Hi Annapoorna
    Welcome to IL. I am staying in Hamdan too. Your son should be already in Kindergarten I think. You can opt for
    1. Abudhabi Indian school
    2. St. Joseph's
    3. Our Own English High school
    4. Sherwood Academy

The above mentioned are the most known schools with CBSE curriculam and there are many other schools Like model school, Sunrise etc., I am not sure weather they are CBSE or state board.

Balavikas classes are going on here. I will get it from some of my friends. There are many other classes for children like Bala Vikas, Purna Vidya, ISKCON
    I will find the contact from my friends and let you know

I am staying behind standard charted bank in Hamdan Where are you staying?

5. sumisen

sumisen Senior IL'ite

Hi PBD74

How are you? Welcome to IL? Where are you in Hamdan? I am also staying in Hamdan behind Standard Charted Bank in Ziyani area. I am very much interested in learning Artificial jewellery making. PM me where you are located and How do you charge etc., details..

sumisen

6. annapoorna_cs

annapoorna_cs New IL'ite

hi sumisen,

thanks for the quick reply. felt really happy. i just registered to IL yesterday and nice to have u all as online friends.

thanks again, and pls do post me the details of the classes after getting info from ur friends.

cu
    annu

7. pbd74

pbd74 New IL'ite

Hi Sumisen
    Its nice to receive a prompt reply from you. I stay in Gold Souq Area[ to be precise] near UAE Exchange Hamdan. I charge 150 dhs for all the materials+ 50 for teaching. The following will be taught:
    1. 1 Normal necklace
    2. 1 choker necklace with double line beads
    3. 1 choker necklace with beads and artifical pearls
    4. 4 pairs of earrings
    5. 1 bracelet
    6. 1 pair of bangles
    I will provide all the materials, so thats not a problem. Hoping to hear from you soooooooooon. Take care

8. pbd74

pbd74 New IL'ite

Re: Anyone from Abudhabi

Hello Kanaka
    This is Priya from Abu Dhabi. I am also from Chennai[i guess we'll have a lot in common] but from Karnataka .Pls send me a PM if ur interested in keeping in touch. Hope to hear from u sooooooooooooooon. I stay in Gold Souq area & have been here for 2 years.Bye & Take care.

9. pbd74

pbd74 New IL'ite

Hi
    How r all of u doing? How come there is not much interaction between IL[ I meant Indian ladies] in AUH? Come on and get goin. One suggestion is that we should all try to meet at some common place & get to know each other. Moreover IL in AUH cannot complain or give excuse about traffic coz AUH is heaven compared to Dubai & its easily accessible here. Hope to hear from atleast a few. Bye & Take care Priya

10. sangeeth

sangeeth New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am Sangeetha.I am a new member.I live in Abu Dhabi on airport road.We are from Kerala but our mother tongue is Tamil.I have been taking tuitions for 11th and 12th std CBSE students for Physics for the past 7 years.

I have a daughter studying in KG2 in MerryLand.Next year I am planning to put my daughter either in Our own/St.Joseph's.Which one is better?I would like to choose a school which gives some weightage to extra curricular activities also apart from studies.