1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

indian jewellery

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by vatsi, Jan 11, 2006.

1. vatsi

vatsi Bronze IL'ite

Hi frens,
    I want to know if there is any web site from where i can purchase indian jewellary?
    I am looking for braclet for my 1 yr old.
    Thanks

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

baby jewellery

Vatsi,

You can buy baby bracelet over the net at www.grtjewels.com. Go to the 'Tiny tots' section and the selections are cute.

GR Thangamaligai is a reliable shop in Chennai, my parents have bought a lot there.

But they do not ship outside India, so I wonder if this tip is fully helpful to you.

Goodluck with buying gold for your little one!

rgds
    Vidya

3. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

indian jewelery

hi
    u can also visit www.malanijewelers for this.may b it can give help.
    bye
    sonia

4. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

why dont u...

Hi vatsi,

Dont you have any local jewellery shop becoz, the design what we see in the screen will definitely when you see in person.

For my daughter, I have bought a few sets here in an Indian jewellery shop, NJ. They are all really pretty particularly a plain bracelet with a design teddy bear holding a feeding bottle which was the latest fashion a couple of yrs ago becoz, my co sis bought the same for her and also saw them here.

And, we saw one more which is kind of bracelets but with two set in black beads with golden beads. They are so simple & lightweight. The adjusting pattern in bangle is also very nice and you can use it even they are 3 or 4!!!

Good luck!!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
  5. vatsi

vatsi Bronze IL'ite

no indian jewellary shop

Hi,
    I dont know any indian jewellary shop around my area. I have heard that there r many shops in N J . Do u have any idea if i can get any good thing in local shops.
    Thanks

6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Are you in CA?

If so, possibility is there becoz, the Indian population is more than in NJ. Otherwise, ask yr friends.

I also came to know thro my friend. Though we have lots of jewellery shops, cant buy just like that as it is not like in India. Here, the collection will not be as large as we get in India.

Anyways, check out the market price between India & here as the price of gold was going up in India a few months back. Now, dont know the status. At that time, buying in both of the places seemed to be equal. You cant find shops like GRT, Chennai here, though, here also, the designs are good particularly with white metal & platinum.

I have bought a few(minor) for my daughter on her first birthday and also gifted by our friends which was really pretty. Do window shopping so that you will come to know abt something. If you are not fully satisfied with the price or not happy with the deisgns even a bit, dont buy them.

Rgds.

7. gangab

gangab New IL'ite

8. andal

andal New IL'ite

Hi Ami,
    Could you pls. let me know the shop name where you bought bracelet for your daughter? I'm planning to buy one for my daughter next week.
    Thanks in advance.
    Andal.

9. vs.jyotsna

vs.jyotsna New IL'ite

Andal, I see you are CT, so close to NJ. There are plenty of Indian jewelry shops in NJ. When you visit NJ, you can go to Oak Tree Rd for your jewelry shopping. You will have lot of choice

10. Neeti

Neeti New IL'ite