Indian Grocery shops in Malmo Or anywhere close to Karlskrona?

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by madhusri8576, Oct 19, 2008.

1. madhusri8576

madhusri8576 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    Can someone please let me know if we have any Indian grocery stores in Malmo or anywhere close to Karlkrona?
    Shop name/address/contact number? or website?

I heard we have some in stockholm and gothenburg but they seem to be far away from karlskrona.
    Really looking forward to hear from you.

thanks in advance
    Madhu

2. LinvingInMalmo

LinvingInMalmo New IL'ite

Hi Madhu,

I live in Malmö (I have been living here for over 4 years). There are a couple of Indian grocery stores here, one is called

Sunshine Livs
    Ängelholmsg. 12
    21422 Malmö, Sweden
    +46 40 23 92 58

and another called

IndoPak
    Ystadsvägen 10

I am not certain of the address. I googled for it and found the address. I can give u directions there if you are interested.

3. madhusri8576

madhusri8576 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Thank u very much for your detailed info.
    If u can give me directions,i would be very thankful to u.

Cheers,
    Madhu

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2009
  4. RSL24

RSL24 New IL'ite

hello..

i had posted a query about malmo..did not get any replies..hence mailing this to you...

we would be moving to malmo soon...can u tell me wht all to bring there..from india and all the general info needed about shifting...
    what about house rentals?are they pricy?do we need to bring our 'indian utensils' also-cooker and the likes??:)
    Do they have good kindergartens in malmo?have a 3 and a half year old daughter...

would appreciate u reply...

thank u

5. RSL24

RSL24 New IL'ite

Hello..

i read ur message and came to knw u have been in malmo for a few years..we plan to shift to malmo soon...so can u tell me wht all to bring from india?utensils and the like and wht abt curry powders? can u also give me info on kindergartens in malmo..

waiting for u reply...thank u

6. RSL24

RSL24 New IL'ite

Dear living in malmo,

Been trying to get some info on Malmo before shifting there...can u tell me wht all things to take from india bfore coming there/wht utensils etc and wht abt clothes?is it very cold there?would also knw abt kindergartens there?my child is 3 and a half now.

thank u

7. lotusgirl

lotusgirl Senior IL'ite

hi.
    The only 2 things i suggest is your pressure cooker/pressure pan and then your mixer grinder. If you use grinder for regular use, then maybe that. everything else you can get it here and not worth the shipping hassle. there are a few shops where you get indian stuff like all masalas and rest of your day to day necessities, so except for regional specialities which are not common, theres nothing much i can recommend.

Clothes, depends on what you wear on day to day basis. if you wear salwars kameezes, then its better you get it from back home. for regular wear, it would be best you have a few sets with you before you find the shops here for your liking. i dont know when you are planning to move to malmö, but now autumn is in full swing and winter would be here soon. Though skåne weather is not supposed to be as cold as rest of Sweden, there has been pretty heavy snow for the past few years. winter clothes, get your essentials, but for main items, its best you buy from here. yes they might feel much more expensive to you(Sweden generally is. the shock doesnt leave you that fast. Its more expensive then most of Europe), but it would be the right choice as these are made for the climate here. For kids you need winter suits/overallls. get a jacket for you all, if you are moving between now and february and a good shoe. Then get the rest of winter stuff from here, i advise good shoes also to be bought from here as it is not fun to slip on icy sidewalks.

you dont have KG setup like India over here. Its more of a playschool/daycare setup till they join school and its govt regulated regarding the fees and hours you get. if one of the parents are at home, the number of hours you get are restricted. there are long queues for the different dågis(this is waht they are called here.) you need to have a personal number before you apply for a place. In malmö there are private international schools, but i am not certain if their preschool admission is differnt from the govt regulated ones. You have private dågis and dagmamma(more like a individual person managing smaller number of kids at her place) in addition, but the fees & timings again are as per govt rules. its easier, once you know where you love to start applying to daycares.
    i hope this helps! good luck with the move.

8. RSL24

RSL24 New IL'ite

Hi lotus girl,

Thank you so much for ur reply..was really wondering if anyone would give me a reply...thank you again.

your reply really helped...from the information you gave...i feel it is better if we move in march or so...will it be less cold then...i am worried as we usually have been in the hot climate zones :)

are you from india?how long have you been in sweden?

thank you n hoping to hear from you..

9. tasminakhalidBD

tasminakhalidBD New IL'ite

Indian or halal Grocery shops in Malmo and what to bring there

hi,am esha,22,muslim,from Bangladesh.i will be moving to sweden- malmo,this january,i want to know is there any halal food shop in malmo near the university?am coming as a undergraduate student and no one to cook for me the first day!!!!so if any one can help me to find a halal food shop and market where i can get halal items to cook.

i also want to know what to bring+quantity+type+others -,with me while am coming-clothings,shoes,utensils etc.please let me know the first few months necessary things i should carry,as am not willing to buy much things after going there for the first few months.how is the house rent for a month?and how much it would cost for one month with all the expenses-total probable living expense.

i aslo need to know--is there any problm with nekab or heejab and borka in universities or any where else?how the people take this idea?i mean can u tell me how, people wearing these ,get reactions from others?please i want to know about this topic mostly.
    and other thing is,how can i get A PART TIME JOB IN ANY INDIAN OR AISAN SHOP so that i can make my living.

I MAY need some other informations,so please provide me the answers i asked for and please let me know if there is somthing else to know.

thank u
    esha

10. spicesonline

spicesonline New IL'ite

Looking at the need of the Indians there, i have in mind a very good idea of an Indian Grocery & Spices Package.

Here is what i plan. I run an online Indian grocery store.
    I plan to launch a 1 MONTH INDIAN PACKAGE.

This will have all the Indian Groceries like flour, dals, spices, ghee,papad, pickles, etc etc for a family sufficient for a month.
    (Customised as per requirement)

This package can be then renewed after each month.

Not to forget , this will be home delivered. Pricing wise, this would be much much cheaper compared to that in Sweden.

Please provide your suggestions if i should start the service.

Jyoti