Indian Groceries - Mustafa vs online/other shops that do home delivery

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Singapore' started by AkilaMani, Jul 3, 2013.

1. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Tavishi and Nakshatraa,

Yes, I stay in Tampines. Though North CC is a bit far for me, I will try visiting it the next time I am in that area... thanks for your inputs nakshatraa :) BTW lovely name dear :)

1 person likes this.
  2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Akila..can yiou please clear your inbox?

1 person likes this.
  3. AkilaMani

4. Happyorchid

Happyorchid New IL'ite

Hi friends,

It's really good discussion , I would also like to know the best quality indian grocers. Though the price of products is comparatively low in mustafa than others , but sometime I felt that quality of dal n idly rice, is not up to the quality. But in karthika store I found both no 1 grade and no 2 grade quality. The grade 1 quality products is really good than mustafa especially Dhal. Anyhow I would like to know other than karthika . Thx.

5. AkilaMani

Hi Happy,

I had recently tried Karthika's and I guess I got the no.2 grade of idli rice from them :( In mustafa and for that matter any shop we have a choice with lot of brands and of course with dhal, some like it to retain shape after cooking and some like it otherwise and we base this as our grade on dhal quality, and hence it may vary from person to person. To me it should be bug-free in the first place which I found lacking at Karthikas.

I too am interested to know about other shops, so friends please share your opinion :)

6. Angelatan

Angelatan New IL'ite

Dear Akila

I am bemused to hear that there are shops that sell rice that had gone bad; it must be more than months old!

We have a new supermart in Blk 111 Whampoa Rd, (close to McNair Rd) near your area, and we cater to deliveries if you are interested.

Prices are all way below NTUC and even against Mustafa's, eg our Dove body wash 1L on promotion sells for $6.70 vs NTUC at $10.95. Maggi mee is at $1.80 vs $2.10 etc. Coke 1.5L is at $1.70 vs NTUC at $2/-.

It is same for many food and drinks. Tiger beer sells for $1.95 a can.

If interested you can come visit us, cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
  7. AkilaMani

Hi Angela Tan,

I am looking for Indian groceries in particular and not the generic toiletories. Can you give a price list of dhals, millets, and Indian spices? I don't need a comparison, just the price list will do.

8. pushpaprashanth

pushpaprashanth Senior IL'ite

I have tried couple of indian grocery stores near to Tampines and Sengkang. I have just been in Singapore for 4 months, so may be early to comment. But I still find Mustafa prices and quality the best. Last time, I bought from a local store, they had bugs in them and I creeped out. But with Mustafa, quality is exceptionally well. Hope this helps. Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  9. kavineehar

kavineehar New IL'ite

Hi Akhila,
    I am kavitha.My husband lives here in singapore alone.I stay in india.Can u please sugest some indian food home delivery .That will be helpful for me
    Thank u
    Kavitha

10. AkilaMani

Hi Kavitha,

Check out this thread about home-deliveries. Hope it helps.

1 person likes this.