1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Community in Hillsborough

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by Nitha J, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Dear ladies;
    How is the Indian community in hillsborugh? Do we get Indian grocery nearby or has to travel far?

Ladies; staying in Hillsborough can you tell how the life is generally; schools parks restaurants etc...

Thanks
    Nitha

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Nitha,

If you are moving from New Jersey from Iselin or Edison area, you would consider Hillsborough county as not thickly populated by Indian community. However, when compared to Florida standards, Indian community In Hillsborough is high and energetic. The Indian population is large enough to have separate association for each language like Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Gujarati and so on. There are many Indian grocery stores in Hillsborough and also many Indian restaurants. There are many IB league schools in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. There are plenty of parks and most importantly, it has most beautiful beaches.

There are so many Indian cultural programs every month, nice Temples and Orlando Theme Parks are just an hour's drive from Hillsborough.

Viswa

3. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot Viswa for your inputs..
    Nitha

4. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Nitha, Are you looking for info on Hillsborough, NJ? I think the above post is abt Hillsborough, Fl. Hillsborough, NJ is a very nice place, and I dont think it has high indian population as Edison. The closest town for shopping is Bridgewater - you get almost everything there. Piscataway or Edison too are not too far.

5. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

I am from Hillsborough,NJ! There is one store closeby but I dont like going there because he doesnt keep fresh vegetables.Even if I think I can go to farmers market,he doesnt have many other things necessary.So I stopped going there. There is one on Eastern Avenue and this is about 25 min drive. Other than Indian groceries, I think I love Hillsborough. There is an Indian restaurant, Indian salon,YMCA is closeby,the schools are good and there is so much greenery! We do have a decent Indian circle here.

6. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Indu; and Rose;
    Thanks a lot for the inputs..

Rose; yesterday I went to see a couple of houses near the middle school.. Even I felt the same; it is very calm and green. But my DH is not sure if he can live there amidst all that green;) He loves to be in "middle of action". But I loved bridgewater very much; not as quite as hillsborough; but still calm enough
    Thanks again
    -Nitha

7. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Bridgewater is a nice place too. Eventually, you would want your children to be in the midst of calmer places.Good luck with your search.Let me know your choice when you make one:)

8. vassi

vassi New IL'ite

Hi all,

Need your input. Do we have Indian community in Hillsborough?? How is the middle school ??

Would greatly appreciate your input as we are considering to buy house there.

Thanks
    Vassi