1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indian bank debit/credit card usage

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Blushy, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Blushy

Blushy New IL'ite

Hello,

I was searching for finance related topic , but couldn't find related. Sorry if already someone has posted in IL.

i have recently shifted to US. can i use my indian bank account international debit/credit cards in US for shopping like that. And net banking and online money transfers for online payments and online shopping of US websites and indian websites?

basically how to manage my financial expenses? Should I completely depend on my husband credit/debit cards for shopping?

I know I can't earn but can't I spend my money that's already there in my indian bank? Is there any use of international debit card/credit card that they say in indian banks?

2. menuvenki

menuvenki Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    you can use your international debit and credit card like Citibank cards and can make online money transfer and payments.
    otherwise you can create a joint account of your husband here in U.S. and transfer your money from India in case you need your own money and spend in your u.s credit or debit card provided by banks.