1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Actress - who best fits a action role?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by freesia, May 14, 2009.

1. freesia

freesia Bronze IL'ite

I and my Dh were having a discussion about Jodha Akbar the other day. we both felt that Aishwarya was gorgeuos as the princess but sucked in the stunt scenes. her stance and body language was pathetic. She looked so out of place in ' last legion ' were she place a assassin too.

So the thought process went as to who wud best suit a action role now.Like angelina jolie, jennifer garner fit the mold here.

I couldn't think of anyone.So ladies, if u cud comeup with those names.Just for fun.

Lets leave Vijayashanthi out. she is already known as a action heroine.

2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Freesia,

You are so right ! Aish looks very delicate and is not suitable for action packed roles.Moreover even in Dhoom I felt she did not have the panache like Jolie while enacting most of the stunts.

Though Sushmitha has not delivered any hit films and only had lukewarm success at the box-office ,I still feel that she is the answer to Indian Laura Kroft.Her personality and suavity make her a good pick for these kind of films.

Well, Priyanka is also fit for these roles but of late she started looking lil frail and hope she does not turn out into another Kareena in Tashan.

Nice thread ..would love to hear responses from other ILites.

3. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hmm i think Bipasha basu will suit best for action role :)

4. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Interesting... even i felt the same while watching JA... i feel sushmita will suit this role... apart from her sridevi... i remember the movie khudha gawa... she did a great role....

5. freesia

freesia Bronze IL'ite

Sushmita - certainly has the personality but has she done any action scenes in movies.

Sridevi - didn't have any complaints when watching Khuda gawah. certainly looked convincing in that horse riding game sequence ( or is it a double)

Sushmita -2 Bips - 1 and Sridevi -1

Few more pls. Doesn't have to bollywood actrees , can be regional too.

i still can't come up with a name.still looking

6. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

How about Namitha- tall and strong

Priety zinta - bold

Reema sen

7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear all,
    My choice is "Mallika shravat" after seeing her in "Dasavatharam" i feel she can justify the role. next Sushmita to some extent can do.how about 'Pooja patra" who posed as an action heroine in 'Kandukonden kandu konden" ?
    with love
    pad

8. freesia

freesia Bronze IL'ite

Mallika shravat - yeah she did good in dasavathram and in 'the myth' with jackie chan too. But ever feel she is more suited for negative roles?

like pooja bhatra she is good.

So sushmita - 3 now?

9. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Freesia,

I feel Shilpa Shetty is also capable of pulling off stunts and can actually act though she has been typecasted now as item girl, which I feel bad.She has great potential and gorgeous body that can make any international super model cringe.

10. freesia

freesia Bronze IL'ite

Actually sushmita and shilpa shetty were on my mind.Sushmita latelt looks faded. i like shilpa a lot and she is gorgeous still. pity she didn't have good projects to prove her potential. i am hoping she will do some international projects cause she certainly has the looks for it.
    Sush - 3 and shilpa - 2

Anymore?