India visa on arrival - URGENT

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by peartree, May 18, 2015.

1. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Do you have utility bill or something?

2. Sunshinebeauty

Sunshinebeauty Gold IL'ite

All are in my husband name.

One more doubt if I apply OCI card for my first DD in Houston through post, When I need to send the passport. I will be traveling to India in Aug or sep and will be back after 5 or 6 months only. Very Confusing.

3. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

You have enough time for OCI. I applied OCI for my DD on Feb 20th in NYC, we live in jersey (travel date was 10 apr) and recieved it on 3 april. Cox and kings team and Indian consulate was very helpful and they helped and guided us to get it on time.

1 person likes this.
  4. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Peartree,

Did you see OCI status in indian govt site. What is the status?
    My DD's OCI was applied on 20 th feb and reached to Indian office (Delhi on 6th march) they processed it and sent it back to NYC on 30 march. Since my DH was following with cox and kings team, they suggested us to go consulate directly once the status is changed to recieved at Cox and kings (which on 3rd day) for emergency match-up. No need to wait for match-up e-mail. You just need to take ticket print out and passport (travel date should be within a week). In our case, my DH reached consulate at 10:00 in the morning and collected passport at 2:00 pm with OCI card and stamp ( we were working in NYC only).

You can PM me in case of any query.

5. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Hi

For us, the issue is that the OCI hasn't been sent back to the SF Consulate. It is still pending and under process at the Indian Embassy. That has been the status since April 2nd!

Anyway, we have applied for a visa and should get it today by FEDEX.

6. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

For address proof, if you do not have a license, the Secretary of State office can provide you with a photo ID card. We had needed some "original proof of residence" to send to India a few years ago, and we got photo ID cards made. My son who is 12 also has one (helps for domestic travel so he does not need to carry passport). It costs about $10 or $15 and you fill out a form in the secretary of state office and get it done.

1 person likes this.
  7. Sunshinebeauty

Sunshinebeauty Gold IL'ite

@DKI
    Thanks for the information.