1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Incompatibles?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by strangerrr, Sep 5, 2012.

1. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

At GMT +9.00 hours, over a dinner table

“What is his name” Mr. Sam asked coolly to his daughter Andrea, who just disclosed about her love.

“Dad, he is Mac” her eye lids batted sweetly.

“Mac? Is he the same American” his voice suggested some urgency.

“Yea, dad; it’s him, Mac” Andrea responded slowly putting her head down, but still watching the nuances in her father’s face.

“No way, this is not going to happen” his hands dropped the knife and fork.

“But… dad… why…”

“You think I nod my head for your relationship with that American” he was furious

“Dad, I thought you will be the last person to talk on American, Asian and other races” she said with misty eyes.

“What’s wrong in that? Of course, we are Asian by origin. Isn’t it”

“Dad, you may have forgot the fact that not all your business partners are Asians, they are mostly Americans” she spared her time to hook back her dark hair in her glossy face.

“This is something different Andy, I want you to understand your dad in this” he said in a low firm tone.

“Dad, please…” she begged

“…” - Mr. Sam remained silent staring purposelessly at his water goblet

“Speak up dad, if not I shall consider that you are forcing me to make my own way” she sound determined.

“You want to spend rest of your life with that American, who have a typical dominance attitude? I can’t let your life go astray” he said harshly but with a tone of concern.

“Dad, I am not getting you; only coz he is an American? How can you be so pre-judgmental? We are in twenty-twelve dad, stop generalizing” she no more could content her tears which was sliding along her cheeks and dripping down

“Andy, you have to understand the fact that your dad knows this world better than you; and about that guy Mac, very few know about his family better than me”

“I am not getting you, dad” Andrea said, still sobbing.

“Mac’s family always have disrespect for others - they cannot get well along with any - they always want to stand alone, everyone else around including us have difficulties with them – they are brought up in such a way that they think only they are capable – they looked others as if they are menial and least in front of them – when others try to progress or better them, they raise scandal about them … ” Sam completed his story circling around their dinner table thrice and removed & put back his spects at least 5 times in between.

Though she was hurt and disappointed with her father’s reactions over his love, yet it’s her love and respect for her dad, made her listen to his reasoning quietly.

“Dad, I think these are baseless and most of them are myth” Andrea said in a mild voice yet loud enough to reach the ears of his father standing at a distance arms tied “hope these all are reflections for the reason they won you over in that lawsuit”

“Won? Let me make it clear… I have not lost; it’s just a verdict of their own country court… You may have forgot that we have won in our country and also in another country… and it’s pending over in at least in 9 more nations… you people these days consider following Western media as fashion and completing ignoring our own… isn’t” he said and continued “and for your kind information, if you are not aware of, they are so insecure and they have history of suing due to that”

“Dad buT” Andrea tried to convince him

“I have nothing more to say on this… and hope my decision remains final” he said and walked out of their dining hall, without looking back at her daughter. He stopped to say “it may be anybody else… but not him”

Simultaneously, at GMT -8.00 hours, over a breakfast table

“Ho dad, come 'on it’s totally ridiculous¸ how could you say this” Mac yelled back at his dad, who just said that Andrea is not from a good family, as her family known for filching, by all probability she too have that nature.

“That’s interesting… my son voicing for someone, who challenges our family growth” Mac’s dad said in a crisp – irritated tone.

“The problem is with you, dad… you… you have this typical mentality to look everyone with a downward look… you are awesome and great that dad… but, doesn't mean other can think or progress as you”

“hmhhh” his dad let a sound and gave a i-least-bother-on-what-you-saying look at him.

“Dad, don’t forget the fact that we too depend on them for some of our resources, just think what if they stop supplying us”

“Stop supplying us? Where will they go if not us? Is there anyone capable of to procure in such mass than us in this globe; I have already hit them… they can’t take this hit too” Mac’s dad responded arrogantly “and if you think it’s me who started all those cases, you are wrong my son”

“Dad, I have nothing to worry about your business success financially or legally; all I have to say is I love her and I want her”

Mac saw his dad gulping the glass of apple juice in front of him, wiping his face in the napkin, stood and walked away with no response to him.

“One minute, dad, one last thing” he stopped at Mac’s summon

“Just remember one thing… nothing is permanent… the world is changing… its economies are changing… the geography of political and economic power is not guaranteed… who knows tomorrow or day after, you may end up knocking their door for favors…”

Over a video chat

Andrea and Mac shared their encounters with each other’s father with a deep rooted sorrow.

“Mac, I love you; but tell me honestly do you think both of us can’t get along”

“Ho Andrea darling… why do think so? Aren’t we compatible?”

“We are compatible, but… are we… exactly… completely…”

“No couple can be compatible completely in all areas… so as we… but”

“but?”

“... and each couple has something to bank on when issues arise… just coz we have not all common, we should give up”

“But do we have any such in common to resolve our incompatibilities, Mac”

“Yea, we have Google”
    ---
    Crazy imagination while considering, buying a MacBook and questions over its compatibility with a Samsung android mobile.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

oh...man strangerrr.......... loved this... and your imagination and this thought of yours from android & mac.. oh you know, I could not guess..

just before the end.. it clicked that you are referring to MAC.. but before that.. chance ille.. could not had wild guess something like this.. you are too good in writing like this...

enjoyed reading it and yea. we have google.... last line is superb man!!!

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

That was very funny, Strangerrr. I would like to go for Mac anyday, for its clarity and simplicity. Did you buy a Macbook? -rgs

4. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

thank you pallavi for your appreciation and feedback :)
    i am glad you enjoyed this...

5. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the fb, rgs :)

- not yet rgs.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I did not know yu were talking about Mobile, good oneStranger dear good suspense

7. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

thanks for your appreciation note, iyerviji :)

8. applevaio

applevaio Silver IL'ite

Wow Very nice imagination.. You maintained the suspense till the end :)

9. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

thanks for your feedback, applevaio :)

10. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:) thoroughly enjoyed!! good one dear!

Akila