1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In-laws Will Not Let Us Move Out... Help

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by shygirl2016, Dec 6, 2016.

1. shygirl2016

shygirl2016 New IL'ite

I now have a heart full of resent for them. They think they are perfect and they did nothing wrong... How do i get over this feeling?

2. shygirl2016

shygirl2016 New IL'ite

I understand what you are saying and appreciate your input, but they are very self centered and indecisive people. if they are not willing to accept it, they just wont.

3. shygirl2016

shygirl2016 New IL'ite

I now stand up for my self but they think i'm out of hand and become rude. They will never realise how their behavior has impacted me.

4. shygirl2016

shygirl2016 New IL'ite

Both hu
    bby and i know he is the problem, we talk about it. HE basically has no good male role model in his life. HE father was abusive towards him and is scared of him. I always notice my H and SIL seeking for their dad's acceptance.

5. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

So the SIL and BIL managed to convinced you to get back into that madhouse ? Then can you blame the husband then ? They are his family. Make up your mind about moving out and stay firm about your decision. You had a good opportunity to not come back when you had the big showdown with your in laws. And don't expect any of your in laws to worry about your mental health, you have to watch out for yourself !

6. shygirl2016

shygirl2016 New IL'ite

Just reading an old post of mine. Happy to say we finally moved out. It will be 2 years since we have been in our own place in April.
    We are very happy and our family has grown.
    I still have little in laws drama but not like before. I am at peace with myself and focusing on raising my kids now. What they say don't effect me much anymore.
    I thank this community for being the ears when I needed to talk. I have lots of friends and family who I could have spokken to but I always carried around shame talking about my struggles. Anyways I have sent all my posts to my friends and they have really been supportive and understanding.

Thank you again ladies.

7. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@shygirl2016 , glad to read the update that things have worked out for the better.It gives hope to other women who struggle.
    That is most important. Choose the battles you want to fight. In small matters , be generous and forgiving.

All the best to you

yellowmango, Amica and Amulet like this.