1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In-Laws too interfering and sarcastic

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by rmakkar, Dec 21, 2011.

1. rmakkar

rmakkar Junior IL'ite

hi every1.i have been married for around 10 months now.but the issue is that my in-laws are too demanding as in they wnat that i should not go to my parents place thou they havent told it openly but when ever i go they make a wry face,since i got married they have been commenting on my family.
    i have been ignoring it always thinking that such kind of comments MIL often keep passing.but they have always been taking me for granted,even if i try being nice to them they would make it a point that they say smething of the sort or so that would pinch me.
    they always keep complaining that i dont like them and all,thou when ever i go to there place i always sit with them even if i am tired.
    as i reach there place i get things myself from the kitchen n also cook things alll the time and do respect them and take care that i dont offend them.
    they try to pretend in front of my husband that i am very dear to them and they are very much attached to me.
    but i was greatly shocked when my father told me that my father in law called him up and said that i have not adjusted with them and dont talk to them n i straight away go upstairs to my room when i go to there place.he even said that they feel that my mom keeps instigating me.
    it has only beeen once that my husband came over to my home first to pick me and then wewent to my inlaws place and they have created such a big drama over it taht why did my husband go there first he should have visited them first and then gone to his in-lawqs.they told my father that it seems that there son is also goin away from them because of this.
    this is so bad wherein my parents dont even ask me what is going on at my in laws place ever.nither do my parents call my husband to stay with them n all.
    i hate them so much now.they have been pretending in front of me as if nothing has happened and as if they havent talked to my parents about anything
    such clever fellows they are and so greedy.what do i do how do i handle them
    thou they come over to my place but i cant stand them spl after they complained about e to my parents when nothing of the sort even happened.
    they want to know details of each and every thing that is going on in my life ,they want to know the price of even d smallest of things that i buy,its soooooooooooo irritating

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Welcome to IL. Sorry to see that you are having a rough time.

Pil problems seem to be more the rule than the exception. Have you read all the other threads here? The same story seems to be repeated again and again in various households. So the only thing one can conclude is that nothing is going to change in the near future, and we have to continue to live in spite of pils.

1 person likes this.
  3. rmakkar

rmakkar Junior IL'ite

thanx for ur suggestions dear.i shall try following them the next time a difficult situation comes up b4 me.i can but i dont want to behave with them the way they do cos that has not been taught to me n my concious also doesnt allow me to stoop down to that level.thnx once again n m happy that i choose to join this comm. at least now i can freely speak my heart out :)))