In India - Best Options To Invest Rupees 6000 Every Month For 10 Years

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Mylifeatusa, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Mylifeatusa

Mylifeatusa Silver IL'ite

Hello ILites,

I'm poor at Finances.

Can you please advise what is the the best way to invest 6000/- Rupees per month India fr 10 years.

My goal is to have 10 Lakh in hand after 10 years for my parents to lead a comfortable living. They have a home and medical is taken care of and have some other income. This 10 lakhs is to generate a monthly income. I cant afford giving lumpsum so planning save 6k every month from now.

They are in their 50's now. So by the time they are in their 60's I want this money to come handy, so they don't need to depend on me or my brother.

Please advise some trust worthy plans to invest in like LIC or post office or anything in their name and i will be the Nominee.

Thanks in Advance.

2. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Hi OP,

RD is the best option to pay monthly and can convert into FD's after certain amount which will give you good interest and some banks dont charge anything to draw them in middle. We did with Gramina bank(local one) and got good interest rate when deposited in my dad's name (senior citizen).

Hope this helps.

sindmani and Mylifeatusa like this.
  3. Mylifeatusa

Hi Sravani,

Thank you. my dad is 60 yr old, is he eligible for senior citizen category ? Also can I know the bank name ?

4. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Each bank has different age criteria, I would choose a bank near to parents current or future residence and start investing, we went with "Gramina Bank" near our parents home and got around avg of 9% interest rate (it also depends on how long you kept money in FD).

5. hino

hino Silver IL'ite

1. Buy Bonds (8.5% fixed for 4-5 yrs) and reinvest them again.
    2. FD : since its every month. you need to take wise decision for lumpsum
    3. Postal savings scheme.
    4. check ICICI. Iwish Calculator. you dont need bank account to check.

Thanks

Anusuya likes this.
  6. Mylifeatusa

Hi,

How do you think your answer is helping me ? I'm looking save some money for my aging parents. I don't want to become rich with it. Its for their security.

7. centsibleindian

centsibleindian Silver IL'ite

My suggestion is FD and postal savings scheme.

Anusuya likes this.
  8. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I felt postal savings schemes are a very good option. start with RDs and once you get to around 1,2,3 lakh rupees , put that amount in monthly income scheme. you can divert the monthly income to RDs and it will be handsome chunk of money at the end of 6 years. in the mean time you can stick do Rds with 6000 and keep converting them to MIS.

at a later stage , you can invest upto 9 lakhs in joint MIS scheme for your mom and dad.

also look at some mutual funds if you ok with some risk. if you keep the money for long term, you will see a decent return.

Anusuya likes this.