1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In fond remembrance of GAZAL SAMRAT Jagjit Singh..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by AnanyaAjay, Oct 18, 2011.

1. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

I was shocked to read that he is no more on 10th October. I felt sad, that the music world has lost a priceless gem.

I am a music fan, and I love gazals a lot.. I loved the songs of Jagjit Singh, be it picked from old hindi movies, or be it picked up by me from his own albums.

My most favourate is "hoshwaalon ko khabar kya" from movie Sarfarosh. Its just lovely and I like to listen to it again and again. Its his voice that makes it more melodious than any other. I also like his "tum itna kyu muskuraa rahe ho" a lott. Also "hazaaro khwaayishe aisi"..I will fall short of space here if I start mentioning all my favourates of him.

I read about him that he didnt want to give up melody for money. He rejected so many offers from filmmakers as a playback singer, but he selected only those for which his heart allowed. Thats why we feel every song of him touching our heart.

He was 70 years when he passed away. He lost his only child in an accident. His wife, Chitra, who was also a singer, decided to stop singing since that incident. Our Jagjit Sir also limited the singing since then. Its so sad.

Its a huge loss to Gazal Lovers like me.

I know its hardly possible to replace his position in the Gazal world by anyone. Hats off to him, for having achieved millions of peoples love thru his voice.:bowdown

Attached Files:

2. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

we will miss one great singer

3. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Nice singer, but I wish he did not drink so much!

4. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

We will miss him..! Let his soul RIP.

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Yes Ananya, I too will really miss his voice, what a lovely voice he had. I too have many of his songs as my favourites...Baat mudhat unhain,thumko dekha tho yeh khayal aaya,hotho se choo lo tum...

1 person likes this.
  6. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

Yeah, really! each of his songs were truly unique and one of a kind music in them. and yes the lyrics too were soo gud, no idea if he used to write them! I dont think so....