1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In Defence of Arvind Kejriwal

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Feb 6, 2015.

1. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

As as I said before I also didn't like the suit. But I just don't understand how that is a big issue? His cloths are his personnel choice. This suit could have been a gift Right? By your logic, kejriwal also did a bad thing by flying in business class?

when modi moved from Gujarat to Delhi, he donated 21 lakh from his personnel savings to the government employees kids welfare. He also used to auction all the gifts he got during his chief ministership and donate it for girls education.

2. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

Now their free wi-fi has come with terms and conditions. If they can stick to what they promised, it will be great. But I just don't understand how they will have the budget to fulfill these. Very soon they will start blaming modi

3. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

I agree its dis tasteful. But his cloths are his choice. As long as he is not looting our country, I don't see any problems

4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

And being judgmental about the PM based on his attiring before an VVIP foreign dignitary?

5. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

I get the feeling AK is already moving away from focus on Delhi to All India. Why else would he need a deputy CM? It appears Sisodia is the real CM. Look at the allocation announcements made by Sisodia.

AK probably kept the CM post because of the promise he made not to abandon it again. But he is making all moves to aim higher at PM kursee!

Arvind Kejriwal takes charge as Delhi Chief Minister : Delhi, News - India Today

04:16 pm: Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has not retained any ministry for himself.
    04:14 pm:
    I have been asked to work as the Deputy CM of Delhi : Manish Sisodia pic.twitter.com/jigSLNHY8U
    &; ANI (@ANI_news) February 14, 2015
    04:12 pm: Satyendar Jain to be in charge of power ministry, health, industries, PWD: Manish Sisodia.04:11 pm: Jitender Singh Tomar to be in charge of law and justice, home, tourism, art and culture: Manish Sisodia.
    04:10 pm: Asim Ahmed Khan will look after the food and civil supply, environment and forest, and election departments: Manish Sisodia.
    04:08 pm: Gopal Rai incharge of transport, development, labor, general administration department and employement: Manish Sisodia.
    04:07 pm: Sandeep Kumar will be taking care of the Ministry of Women and Child Social Welfare, Language, SC/ST: Manish Sisodia.
    04:05 pm: We had a meeting with the CM and allocation of portfolios for the ministers was done: Manish Sisodia.

6. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

The VVIP foreign dignitary was in a standard suit. That is the difference.

He is public figure , he is answerable to indian citizens and thier criticsm and judgement .i am an indian citizen , so I can and will judge and criticize, because i expect better from a prime minister of india.

you can continue to adore him ..I have no problems

7. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

Frankly I was shocked to learn of this. My jaw dropped when he called the US PResident by first name in public. He could have said that they are friends to the extent that he calls the President by first name in private. He did not need to "demo" it to us. Most Americans and Westerners will be uncomfortable with this.

Anyway, I blame the MEA and that Foreign Secretary/Staff should have guided the new PM. It was good that she (the Foreign Secy) was let go. New Presidents and PMs are OK not to be on top of protocol when they start out.

I think some things like this for a new leader in office may be forgiven as a few missteps while learning on the job so long he is OK with the rest of his work. In case of our new PM I will say this is just a little bit of "getting carried away". Most reasonable people should forgive the new PM who is from a modest background just now hobnobbing with the world leaders.

P.S. The new Foreign Secretary (who was the US ambassador before this assignment) has good rapport with the PM and you may not see such lapses any more, IMO.

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee,

I always like to know your take on the present day politics. A sort of dependence that has grown over the years reading your snippets!

Must add that I personally am not very well informed about the present day politics in India. Yes, daily I do check out the headlines on the online dailies from our country and am roughly informed about the climate that prevails there. But thanks to you, Kamalji and our recent addition to this group, Akanksha, I get the insight of it and what the common man or the man who matters is thinking.

It was very interesting to go through this thread with animated inputs by so many of our members. I do not qualify to give out my views, but I am definitely taking away a lot of info. Am still confused and a bit discouraged from all that I read.

Cannot our huge and one of the highest populated country provide One Able Leader?

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  9. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Good write-up , Balajee!

We can safely say that AK is better than those politicians out there. He is a common man with ambitions and dreams just like you and me ( a commoner ) . My gut feeling says he would not be able to sustain the crooks out there. BJP or congress (should we even count congress now?)would first try to divide the party and play dirty tricks like they did before elections. A case for 2 crores and name it Hawala transaction???? Who are we kidding ?We all know how much of money was spent by other parties. And insulting AAP with 2 crore scam LOL..

AAP was in power only for few days but they delivered. Within the short span they did a lot . AK was not afraid to rub against the Kingmaker(A) . That costed him a lot but still he dared to do it instead of being a chumcha and given in to A - like business tycoons . AAP failure teaches us one sad reality - a man who is straight forward and with principles(right now at least I believe in AAP .Time has to say) cannot sustain in Indian politics. In order to be in power , you need to be real crook and please some guys out there and just be a puppet in their hands without doing any good for people of India. They are called real good "administrators" by the educated lot there .

We were left with no options few days back. Itz like either DMK or AIADMK in TN. Both are the same.Likewise we voted for BJP as an alternate to congress. We are yet to see any real developments . And the black money thing has become a big joke.

I sincerely hope AAP can sustain all the hurdles , stay united and deliver to the people of Delhi.The election results shows us one thing . Inspite of them running away within few days , people are ready to give them a chance(it tells a lot) . Bcoz people have realised that other parties are just the same . AAP will at least not do any damage to the country . Hoping they will continue to do so.

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Steve you don't have to be on the top of the protocol to know that a pinstripe suit with your name embossed all over it is plainly ridiculous and could be interpreted as a sign of narcisissm .Hardly a great advertisement for the country and the PM should have realized that.